Cheesecloth and linen are both lint-free.

Jo Ann

Reply to
hillacc at yahoo.com

And so is your undershirts. Best for that and glasses.

Reply to
betsyb

Use 'microfiber cloths'. Lint free, pick up is outstanding, and rinse out easily. They have a MULTITUDE of purposes! You can find them at auto supply stores but are much cheaper at places like Costco or Sam's.

Reply to
kcinpb

Great cloth and I use it for many projects. My bride holds them hostage:-\\ They seem to be issued when requested.

Get most off with the method used to apply the sealer; secondary, a white T-shirt (painter rags), but not a costly micro fiber cloth.

Don't use a red shop rag.

-- Oren

Oren

Back in stone age, detroit and detail shops used to use end-of-lifecycle cloth diapers, from diaper services. Do they even make and sell cloth diapers any more?

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Well washed white T-shirts kind-of work...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yes, they do. My wife sometimes buys them to embroider on as a gift to a new mother for use as a "burping towel". Rare to see one used as a diaper though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

which word don't you understand?

Reply to
AZ Nomad

He's cleaning a deck guys, not glass. Rough wood is going to rip the shit out of a microfiber cloth.

Reply to
jeffc

"jeffc" wrote

For whatever reason, I thought lint free cloth meant tack cloth.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

I aksed almost the exact same quesion in December, in alt.home.cleaning msg-id =

I got 5 replies not counting my own. OK, I'll just print them all.

You'll know a cloth is lint free by wiping a pane or mirror, then carefully examining the surface for lint under magnification. You can use a jeweler's loupe.

If your printer is showing horizontal streaks you can clean the underside of the head using a Q-Tip moistened with distilled water. Tap water can damage a printer head. Repeat the procedure with another Q-Tip until it wipes clean.

Yes, gently rub the print head with a moist Q-Tip, underneath and 1/2" beyond each side. However, it is best to follow the manufacturer's recommendations. HP has mini-movies on their web site, one showing how to clean the print head (sorry I don't have the specific url).

Reply to
mm

I don't know, but my mother used my diapers to dry dishes until I was

48 years old. I think that is when the last one wore out. They are known to be very obsorbant. :)
Reply to
mm

Maybe they lease them. I'm sure there are diaper services in some parts of town.

I think that was why we had to have an automatic clothes washer, because of the diapers.

The stuff in disposeable diapers is the same thing in the bottom of little meat trays underneath the meat, in the meat department, right?

Reply to
mm

Nope, different purpose (although I guess one could say a tack cloth would be a subset of lint free since don't want to pick up the dust and leave lint in its place) -- a tack cloth is used after sanding, say, and initial cleanup to pick up any remaining traces of dust and so on before applying a finish. The lint-free cloth would be used in applying an oil finish or rubbing out a finish. The tack finish on a tack cloth would interfere w/ that...

100% cotton works pretty well and is easily available like the t- shirt. Cotton blends w/ polyester or other generally not so well...
Reply to
dpb

Flour sack towels. They're prewashed, preshrunk, and 100% lint free. (They're typically used in cooking). You can buy a pack of 10 from wal-mart for about $8. Honestly, they look like worn cotton undershirts so if you're cheap try those, otherwise these should work great.

Reply to
JMatz

IBM used to buy some expensive lint free cloth for cleaning tape drives. They were cut from white linen. I would try a fabric store and see if they have some roll ends you can get cheap.

Reply to
gfretwell

If they're towels or rags, why do they have to be shrunk or preshrunk?

I would use old clothes. The question is then, what clothes are lint-free?

Reply to
Micky

Seriously? You're worried about lint on a deck?

Reply to
Harry Johnson

Lint that sticks to the deck for months or years would annoy me.

Reply to
Micky