What is it

Any ideas? aus cars because we do not have any Australian groups that cover such questions.

F Murtz

What is the word in front of Pelee?

Reply to
Xeno

Looks like the sort of thing that BT use to hook up and slide a concrete chamber cover.

Why do people think is automotive-related ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Cars? I though the last line might be "mode pelle" or "moda pelle" as in "Fashion leather".

Perhaps it's some leather crimping or marking pliers?

Leather car seat covers is maybe too crazy!

Reply to
pamela

Look like glass snapping pliers

Reply to
Noddy

For pressing closed the tags on sheep or cattle ears ?

I assume the tags have some sort of peg and hole at each end which snap together..

michael adams

michael adams

Can't make it out from the photo, but could you look up the patent pending number?

Reply to
John Rumm

Mode-Pelle all it brings up is footware

Reply to
F Murtz

It is only aluminium and about 800 mm long. not auto related but in Australia we have no groups suitable for such questions so I picked a group with mechanically minded people. The contraption is made in Australia (may be cooking related) ??

Reply to
F Murtz

It has no patent number only that ZB

Reply to
F Murtz

800mm long? As in almost 3 *feet*?

Don't look like a hand tool much then :)

Reply to
Noddy

OOPS 8" 200 mm Brain fart.

Reply to
F Murtz

I'd say it might be related to leatherwork - shoes, bags, that sort of thing.

Reply to
Xeno

Tile, ceramic cutter maybe.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Once upon a time alt.fan.cecil-adams was the place for arcane stuff/questions. Nowadays it just seems to attract unfettered spam.

Reply to
pedro