Latest threads in Patioshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

best way to mount a 9' post in front of or to a 6' block wall
i am trying to figure out the best way to get a 9' high post mounted on the outside of my patio to install string lights, i'm not sure if i mount a full post with concrete footer in front of my block...
1
1

how to make tarp withdrawable or roll in as a patio cover from house to building as attached
want to roll or draw string back tarp used as a cover over patio from eve of house to 20 or 30 feet away to wood shed how to do that?
1
1

I want to tint some existing poly sealer to change the color, I want green
It is a landscaping stone and I'd like the design to be tinted darker green. I would like to put something in the polyurethane to stain it so I won't have to paint it. I want stain, not paint. Is that...
1
1

12x21 area gravel floor covered with heavy plasticI"d like to put a wood floor over it
12 x 21 area I have gravel floor with heavy plastic down All metal building. Going to be used for lawn mowers etc. I"d like to put a wood floor down. What type?
1
1

Do I need expansion joints?
I have a brand new home with a 14X30 attached and covered Patio. I want to add 30 inches on one end of the Patio from the house to the end of the patio. (This is where I intend to keep my grill and...
1
1

wrought iron gate doesn't shut properly
Hi, I need to fix a wrought iron gate that doesn't shut properly. About a foot amount of gate is keeping the gate from shuting by the post. What can I use to fix it?
1
1

how to replace the spring latch on a wooden umbrella
I need to replace the spring latch that holds the umbrella open and need to know how to do it. It is of wooden frame and the old one is rusty. Also, I am looking for a wooden rider hub which connects...
1
1

correct spacing for 6x6 post on patio cover
im building a patio cover attached to my house i have alredy poured the cement and placed the post brackets (6x6) 12' apart the distance from the house to the post bracket is 16' in lenth leaving a 2'...
1
1

How do I remove a path of bricks from a patio?
No further details provided
1
1

I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base
I need the outdoor umbrella pole that goes from the umbrella to the base
1
1

how do I build paver patio steps
We are building a sidewalk with pavers and need to incorporate a step into the path. How do we do that?
1
1

How do i find a replacement wood pole for my patio umbrella? It broke right at the metal piece.
Is there anyway to replace just the wood pole of a large 10 foot square umbrella without buying an entirely new umbrella. The pole broke in half at the metal piece that supports the upper portion of...
1
1

should concrete patio be level with door threshold
replacing a window with a door, then pouring a patio up against the house foundation. shoud patio be level with threshold, 1" or 6" lower? thanks Phil
1
1

If I use an epoxy or deck paint over chattachoochee will it still drain
the rock are lose all around the pool and the deck has a drain system. I would like to thincoat the deck with cement but it seems to me that this would not allow for drainage, yes or no ? If no would...
2
2

What are the Grommet holes for in canvas awning?
My friend has grommet holes in his gazebo on his back deck and we want to know what the holes are for. Is it for wind to pass though so it will not take off in high winds or is it so water doesn't...
6
6