Latest threads in Paintingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What is the best exterior flat paint that actually LOOKS flat!?
I'm trying to find a flat exterior paint and everything I've brought home so far (Behr, Sherwin Williams) has been shiny. I don't want a shiny house. I live in Minnesota and I'm painting the color...
1
1

What is the best product to remove paint from aluminum decorative posts
No further details provided
1
1

Copper pipes newly painted with Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood showing green
Relatively new central heating pipes installed 12 months ago just painted with Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood paint appearing pale green three days after painting. Looks unwise to have used this...

my bike cream polish become dry and i use it only for 2 times.please help me.
No further details provided
1
1

would like to use an oil based stain on my old treated wood deck. will it absorb
just finished getting the paint off of deck floor, as it was peeling badly. the wood is treated deck boards. do I need to do anymore to it in preparation for an oil base solid stain? will it absorb...
1
1

Best paint for aluminum gutters and trim
I washed the gutters and the paint came off . Now I need to paint . Could someone suggest a good brand of paint to use?
1
1

How much do house painters (exterior) usually charge per hour?
I'm having the trim painted and the cedar shingles sanded and stained with a clear, natural wood stain. (The shingles were covered with a solid stain 30 years ago that has only partially weathered...

built a chest of drawers 30 + years ago and finished with tung oil. looked grea
pine chest of drawers looked great with tung oil finish , but now I am wanting to paint it with a light gray flat latex. any prep needed over the tung oil?
1
1

how to remove paint from old bowl that was factory painted but is chipping off.
I have an old bowl that was my grandmothers so it is very old. The stem is clear glass but the bowl part is painted red. The red paint is chipping off and it looks terrible so I would like to remove...

NEED TO REMOVE PAINT FROM TEAK CHAIRS THAT HAD BEEN PAINTED BLACK.
At a yard sale, I purchased 4 teak chairs that had been painted black. Is there a method to remove the paint that will not cause more damage to the teak? Two of them were not painted and are so...
2
2

I have some interior wood chairs that I applied polyurethane to for use outdoors
Now I would like to paint them for interior use. I tried a chalk paint on one but the paint seems to chip off easily. Would priming with Kilz water base be enough to make the paint adhere without...
1
1

rusting but no holes, should i paint after wire brushing (including squirrelcage
No further details provided
1
1

what should i charge to paint ceiling of bedroom in a double wide trailer
No further details provided

can you use oil based polyurethane over a coat of water based polyurethane on wo
No further details provided

Latex paint overspray on old box woods trim or wait for new growth