would like to use an oil based stain on my old treated wood deck. will it absorb

just finished getting the paint off of deck floor, as it was peeling badly. the wood is treated deck boards. do I need to do anymore to it in preparation for an oil base solid stain? will it absorb the stain? or should I use something else in stead of or in addition to the solid stain?

Reply to
jolynn

If you only stripped the paint off, then you should sand it thoroughly for the stain to penetrate. Only lift-off paint removers can somewhat skip the sanding. As soon as you scrape the paint off you're pushing residue into the wood's pores and blocking the stain out.

Reply to
Anonymous