Copper pipes newly painted with Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood showing green

Relatively new central heating pipes installed 12 months ago just painted with Dulux Quick Dry Satinwood paint appearing pale green three days after painting. Looks unwise to have used this water-based paint; obviously the copper has oxidised and verdisgris is showing under the paint.
Advice please. Do I strip it all back to metal and repaint using oil-based primer and top coats? Will the oxidisation continue if left and overcoated with a coat of radiator or standard oil-based paint? (I won’t say where the advice came from to used water-based paint, and I admit to being a bit of a wally by putting myself in this position!)
Reply to
Ken Earney

Site Timeline Threads

  • Any suggestions? Back porch 20 inch or so? I am looking. Shame you are so far...
  • site's newest in

    Home Repair