Newly painted exterior ruined around bottom of house by weed wacker

Is it normal to have a newly painted house that used Sherwin Williams paint by a professional be scrapped away at the bottom caused by the lawn guys and weed wacking? Is there something that protect around the bottom of house paint or do I talk to my lawn guy? Urg...

Reply to
Jem 129

"Jem 129" wrote in message news:91d45$54975b41$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

talk to your lawn guy. How many windows did he break?

Reply to
Pico Rico

"Jem 129" wrote in message news:91d45$54975b41$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Something seems fishy about either -- weed whacker damage above ankle level, say 6 inches -- house paintwork nearer the ground than 6 inches.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Habla espanol? Seriously, I don't have an industrial strength weed whacker, just an electric one and it's a fairly decent paint remover. It will also eat its way through a plastic garbage can given half a chance, debark trees, and perform other little household chores.

Mine has a flip down guide that you run along the wall and it holds the head a little further out than the filaments.

Reply to
rbowman

Have the lawn guy spray RoundUp around the perimeter a couple of times a year....makes about a 6" bare strip so the mower/whacker doesn't hit the house. Then, do something with landscaping to eliminate the need for mowing close....landscape cloth with river rock is a favorite.

Reply to
Norminn