Exterior Paint

Almost 30yrs ago I was introduced to a somewhat unknown, and perhaps region al, paint brand, BLP Mobile. I mentioned it to a painter who was a parishi oner of mine and it was evident he did not like it. But his comment told m e why, the major brands went on smoother and easier. However, the guy acro ss the street from our house has been using it and had painted three walls of his house a year apart. You could not tell the four yr old paint from t he one year old. THAT is saying something here is the soggy and moldy Sou th.

We (I) forgot to specify when we built our house, back in 92 and the builde r used Sherwin-Williams. It looked great, but started having serious milde w problems a couple of years later. We washed it down several times and fi nally had to have it repainted. I insisted the painter put on two coats of Kilns and then two coats of BLP Mobile. That was about eight or nine year s ago. While we still need to wash (not pressure wash) the porch a couple of times a year, we do not have a mildew problem.

So, if you live in a high humidity area, you might give it a try.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

I hadn't been entirely pleased with the Sears WeatherBeater (long ago) or the other later (don't recall) paint. Which one is the house paint you would recommend?

Finishes

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I have had excellent success with Benjamin Moore exterior paint...

Reply to
bnwelch

Depends what you are painting. I was very satisfied with Benjamin Moore Regal Moore-glo on my aluminum siding. It is a" 100% Acrylic fortified with advanced alkyd technology for superior adhesion, especially to chalky substrates. Tinted on our proprietary Gennex colorant system, these mildew-resistant, high solids coatings are designed to deliver advanced protection and adhere beautifully to hard-to-coat substrates ? creating a durable, robust finish.," according to the information on their web-page - Been about 10 years and no sign of any deterioration or failure.

Reply to
clare

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, this is worth knowing. It's been close to 20 years since I painted my house, and it's due in a year or two. I painted with Dulux, which is no longer available in the US (and the brand changed owners anyway, and I didn't think the product available after the change was as good before they stopped selling in the US). So Benjamin Moore may be the new choice.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

It really all depends on where one lives. Here, in the deep South, with our mild winters, hot summers and HIGH HUMIDITY, The major paint brands cannot hold up as well as they do elsewhere. That being sail BLP Mobile does.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb