Subject Author Posted Replies

R134a compressor on R12 box
With a R134a condensing unit on a freezer designed for R12. It isn't working right, customer keeps saying the ice is melting. (ice merchandiser outside a store) What comes to mind? Aside from Stormy...
24
24

terlets
have they improved at all with the flushing now that all commodes are no more than 1.6 gallons per flush? i think i posted here when I installed my first one and provided feedback, not all of it...
18
18

Reusable furnace/AC filter
Hi, So called elctrostatic washable/reusable filter. Anyone using it? Is it worth the $$$? Our filter size is pleated 16x25x5 usually I replace them twice a year. I just cleaned out ODU condenser...
7
7

Reusable air filter for furnace/AC
Hi, Our air handler takes 16x25x5 pleated filter. There is washable/reusable so called electrostatic filter I am noticing. Anyone using it? Does it work? How do you like it? Waste of $$$? Any comment?

Using Pedestal from different make front loader
Bought a GE front loader washer 7 years ago. Front gasket and drum went and instead of fixing bought a new Samsung front loader (waiting for delivery). I already have the GE pedestal and really dont...
1
1

Need first new roof
My roof is 60' x 30' with a 15 degree pitch, how much appx. would that cost? Asphalt shingles, three tab, around 25 year. I've been asking questions at hardware stores. What kind of terms can I expect...
16
16

Home Depot Outdoor Stair Treads Vs. Plain 2 x 10
I have outdoor deck steps that need new treads. I though I would just cut up some 2 x 10 (PT) and replace what is there. However, Home depot sells a stair tread which is ridged or uneven (hard to...
1
1

Repair window screens
A careless tenant made holes in the bottom middle of the window screen at the point where it attaches to a (nail) (screw) (whatever) in the window sill. He did it at the bottom, then reversed the...
13
13

Any electronic ballasts for (4) T-12 tubes (4-ft long)??
I've looked off-and-on over the past few years for a single electronic ballast that can run 4 T-12 48" tubes but haven't seen any in the big-box stores. But they seem to exist for T-8 tubes. What...
19
19

Are cords evil?
The word "cordless" seems to be so overused these days, it makes me wonder if cords are evil....... Yea, my cordless drill/driver can be handy at times, but my corded drill works just as well, has...
1
1

drill or screw driver
Hi all In this video minute (0:40) the person is using machine to screw. What this machine is? a drill with special head or what? I have a drill but not cord less and i am thinking to use it as a...
34
34

What do you call light socket
What do you call a light socket like those ued in construction sites? They have a white and a black pigtail, about 6", and the socket is surrounded by rubber. I'm using one now, and I can only get an...
6
6

Three way lamp socket
Anyone have a source/brand name for a quality three way light socket?
11
11

Snake kitchen sink too often
Had to call plumber to snake kitchen sink. Looked back in check book-- had it done in FEBRUARY! Each time, plumber said it was grease and ? sludge? That is TOO OFTEN! Never used to need it more than...
30
30

Refrigerator Door Won't Close Properly
I've got a problem with my GE model GTH18EBTZRWW refrigerator compartment door. It won't close completely unless I lift up the door handle. The door's slightly off and the new, hi-efficiency models...
7
7