Subject Author Posted Replies

Predictions on all the freon leaked out and need AC system replaced
A couple minutes ago, I got a call from a man I know from church. He said a company came out to do the annual AC check over. They say that the system had all the freon leaked out, and the system is...
82
82

Windows XP updates
They may not be making any new updates but all the old ones are still available . Just did a clean install of XP Pro on one of my machines , it's D/L-ing and installing 137 items as I type .
19
19

OT: Global warming hoax exposed
and and many others have us upset... BUT ...fortunately our elected representatives are on top of this situation: HB Increasingly, it appears that if there is any systemic bias in climate models,...
25
25

OT Duplicate car key?
I have a Nissan Versa 2012 Standard Edition purchased used with only one key and fob. I'd like to get a duplicate key "The key for that vehicle runs $48.82 plus $50.00 to program all existing keys and...
30
30

Russia to evict NASA from the International Space Station in 2020 in retalition for US sanctions
Did you even know that Russia was launching some of your military satellites? Well, you boxed yourselves into this mess, with a long series of bad decisions and mentally retarded foreign policies and...
3
3

OT, Two boys seriously injured when bounce house is blown into the air by wind
Holy cow! Even those things you expect to be completely safe for children to romp around in, can be dangerous. o_O TDD TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
3
3

Dont install Vinyl Siding
Recently there was a huge fire in a city near my home. I saw it on TV, and I drove past the remains today. The old 2 story business with 5 apartments on the second floor (The building where the fire...
26
26

Dental floss
Found a huge cache of dental floss in a bathroom cabinet long unvisited. I'd always heard it was very strong, so went on-line and found many sites l isting scores of uses from shoelaces to fishing...
25
25

OT Cars, Radiator, Oil Cooler, Honda,
Friday maybe, on the People's Court, a transmission mechanic said that the customer's car had leaked at the engine thermostat, he'd lost a lot of antifreeze, and the antifreeze cooled the transmisson...
10
10

How to overcome response delay of less than 1 second.
I need a real simple method to solve this problem. How to extend the transmission time of a wireless doorbell transmitter, from 1/2 second to 1 second. My house was built with a doorbell in the front...
11
11

Briggs & Stratton 16HP problems
Mounted on 2013 Snapper Rotary Brush Cutter. New last summer & ran about t hree tanks of gasoline (with stabilizer) through it. End of season closed f uel valve and ran 'til empty. Then disconnected...
30
30

Malware more likely in Windows 7 PCs than XP: Microsoft
The newly published Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) has said that the Windows 7PC is more at risk of having malware than XP computers. Microsoft said that in the last quarter of 2013, the...
37
37

R-22 Line-set But All New Production Condensers are R410A
I have a rental unit without A/C. The builder, in 1982, ran a line-set and A/C power to under the deck for A/C and many owners have added horizontal discharge condensers placed under the deck. The...
14
14

How long does a portable gasoline powered electric generator usually last?
I bought a 6200 watt Briggs & Stratton portable generator to get me thru after a hurricane (Wilma 9yrs ago?). I've changed the gas and oil and started it with a load every other month for 9 yrs. I run...
24
24

OT: Forget Christie and Bridgegate - Christie and the Tunnels Are an Even Bigger Mess
Amtrak CEO Joseph Boardman made a statement at a Regional Plan Association conference last week that's generating some consternation. Im being told we got something less than 20 years before we have...
5
5