what's this type of pump called?

A low volume/low pressure pump that would be attached to a water tank and feeding a handwashing faucet.

When the valve is closed the pump detects the blockage (the higher pressure) and shuts down. When you open the valve the pump kicks on and you get your hands clean.

Thanks

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
danny burstein

"on demand" pump? Check out Shurflow.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Reply to
danny burstein

A zillion years ago, my family went on vacation in a rented RV. There was a pump much like this, to pump water from the fresh water holding tank into the sink, toilet, etc. It would be 12 volts, but a RV supply place should have some thing.

Demand pump sounds right. I demand someone check it out and post to the list! ;-)

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

are you saying my work needs to be checked?!

Reply to
Pico Rico

I demand it to be checked, right away!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Don't waste your time. Better to try to determine if these pumps will handle anti-water.

Reply to
Pico Rico

Actually, I think what's being called an "On Demand Pump" in here is really just a pump with a built-in pressure switch. These kinds of pumps are common in spraying applications because all you need is a valve to remotely turn the pump on or off. Both Shur-Flo and Flo-Jet make these kinds of pumps in both 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC models, and I suggest the OP look at both companies offerings. Also, most places that sell spraying equipment will have a service department where they will repair these pumps for a service charge.

Both companies pumps are also used in floor and carpet cleaning equipment, and any places listed under "Janitorial Equipment & Supplies" that have service departments to repair the equipment they sell will also repair both Shur-Flo and Flo-Jet pumps.

I think the OP should be looking for a variable pressure pump since most spraying equipment and janitorial cleaning equipment operates at between

50 and 250 psi pressure. The kind of water pressure you get in a boat or airplane washroom to wash your hands is probably only about 10 or 15 psi, and I don't know why they set the pressure so low, but I expect it's to save water because in a plane at least, it's very expensive to carry that water in the plane instead of another passenger.
Reply to
nestork