Whirlpool dryer want start and door light is off.

Our dryer was drying but turns off after a few minutes. We bought a new start switch and put it on. It ran for 2 minutes and stopped. When it cooled down it restarted for 2 minutes. Now it will not start at all and the door light is off when in the open position.

Reply to
William

I found YouTube videos to be helpful and you'll probably need a multimeter.

Reply to
gonjah

Could be a heat sensor or something. You can get some diagnostic ideas from

Ed Pawlowski

Probably a blocked exhaust outlet, and theheat resistor burnt out, stopping the dryer from catching on fire.Make sure pipe is clear...

AF

Reply to
acforn

Where are You Tube did you find the video?

Reply to
blkimball

I'd start with a schematic, either from the unit or online. Find out what's before the door light. I assume voltage at the outlet has been checked?

Reply to
trader_4

How come the last 3 syllables of multimeter doesn't sound like the last

3 of altimeter?
Reply to
micky

For the same reason as: wind (blows) vs wind (a clock) or present (gift) vs present (presentation) or lead (the troops) vs lead (get the lead out of your pants or "I did not object to the object" or There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row. and so on and so on "

Reply to
MLD

Hi, What is the reasoning to replace the switch? You may have a over heating condtion or safety high temp. switch(thermostat) Your heating element maybe shorted or vent is plugged up. When is trhe last time you cleaned the dryer inside out?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"William" wrote in message news:41d78$5420ec81$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

When you push the door switch to simulate a closed door, does the light come on ? If so you have the door switch wired wrong. It has one common lead and the other two are connected to it , one at a time. One turns on the light and the other is to cut off the motor if the dryer is running.

That 2 minuit thing sounds like a heat problem. YOu may have a blocked or partically blocked exhaust/vent system.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Example dot com = moaners shrub web interface.

Like the Google Gropers, not a real Usenet person.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon