Bilco door bumps

This is the top of my Bilco cellar door. The horizontal line is the area wh ere the hidden hinge lies. If i scrape those little bubbles, some would rev eal holes that I would like to weld or whatever it takes to cover them. Som eone told me about a Bond agent that one can get at Lowes, and I did a sear ch and I do not know what to get. local welders refuse to do this small job , so I guess I have to do it myself. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Reply to
Frank

My first thought is rust, under the paint. How's about some wire wheel action, maybe some sand paper. Prime, paint, see if that lasts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You seem to be ignoring what Oren just told you. First you apply the Extend. I don't know if other companies make the same thing. (Is it still under patent?)

I was going to suggest the same thing. I don't know if HD really has it but auto parts stores do. (Like black GE silicone in a tube (not a caulking cylinder) HD has other colors but only auto parts stores have black.

Well, it's called Extend.

And fwiw, it used to be in a funny looking little bottle.

Reply to
micky

I still have some NJ. I used it and didn't like it. It didnt' do much. Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, just maybe I used it when it wasn't meant to be used. I can't remember the details.

I also think i have from a yard sale or something half a bottle of aluminum jelly, like NJ but for aluminim. Have't used that.

Yes, I've used it once and it did just what it claimed.

Good to know.

Reply to
micky

Pinholes probably but much bigger than that, I don't think so. Bondo? Actually there are lots of fillers for little holes, which iirc often go on smoother and are easy (easier?) to work with, in smaller containers that don't cost as much as a big can of Bondo. Is Bondo sold in little containers . I think Bondo made its reputation with big or wide dents.

But bear in mind I don't do body work. I can't make a straight line or a nicely curved line, so if I tried, it would come out bad.

Reply to
micky