Customer service is back!!!

Had 2 occasions where customer service came through unexpectedly. Just when I'd thought customer service went out the window, surprise, surprise.

  1. Ordered a Pfister tub/shower trim kit from the orange box store. Had to order valve body separate. Trim kit wasn't the best but it ran 8, and the valve body would've cost nearly through the same store. The box store ran out of the valve body, then discontinued it leaving customers stranded. I wrote a negative review towards the same saying I would be returning the trim kit. Got an email from Pfister saying they want 100% customer satisfaction, and are sending me a valve body at no charge!

  1. Couldn't find a framed, recessed medicine chest in the size I wanted except through Wayfair. Ordered a Nutone chest for almost 0. It came, double boxed and packed well. Opened the first box and the medicine chest was a Jensen, looked like what I wanted but they substituted the brand without checking with me. Also the chest had a small dent on the recessed part, and can be seen when the chest is opened. It was appeared to be done before it was packed. Went online to return it. Wanted to charge me a restocking fee! I called Wayfair, they informed me they do this automatically since so many people have buyer's remorse. They credited me the full amount and told me to keep the chest!

How's that for customer satisfaction?

Reply to
Mark

There is a local plumbing supply house near here. I can just go and and tell them what I'm doing...they will pull the parts I need (no more , no less) then tell me /exactly/ how to do the job. It's totally irrelevant if they charge 10% more than Home Depot... they are close and have literally saved me thousands of dollars as compared to what I've have paid a plumber.

I'm pretty good with repairs...but hardly any plumbing expert and really need their advice.

Reply to
philo

The faucet manufacturers have always been good with customer service. I have had Delta and Price Pfister faucets replaced a couple times each with nothing but an Email and attached pictures. We just did it with Moen too but we had to call the 800 number.

Reply to
gfretwell

I've had that experience. Their PVC toilet flange was five bucks more than orange borg, and I cheerfully paid it. Well, I found out later the borg was cheaper, but still worth it.

Knowing where to tap.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think it's great. Don't expect much agreement here. I posted something once, a story about hardware that was good or great, and I got

7 people disagreeing or finding fault with somebody.
Reply to
micky

Yes, good that PP took care of you. That is a good reason not to buy at the big box stores. My local plumbing supply has better selection, better service, better prices.

Great deal if you can use the item and perhaps repair the damage to an acceptable level.

Bathrooms are expensive to overhaul eh?? I'm on my second one in a year.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

PP decision to send you a free part had nothing to do with "customer satisfaction." HD gives full refunds or store credit and would have had to return the part to PP. PP would have lost 100% of the profit on the $148 part, which is probably around $35. Sending you the trim at their cost, probably $20, was a smart business decision.

This on also has nothing to do with customer service. Evidently somebody else bought it, dropped it and returned it. They turned it around and resold it to you. Then tried to charge you a restocking fee. All that the "buyers' remorse" policy means is that a lot of people are returning items and they don't have the staff to process the returns. After 2 attempts to sell the same part, they knew the chest was bound for the recycle bin.

Customer satisfaction is getting all the parts the first time so you can do the job and get on with something else. Whatever the reason, returning parts or accepting damaged goods does show their service capability, but neither is really satisfaction.

Reply to
Mister Fixum Up