Subject Author Posted Replies

Natural Gas Fuel Cell hose backup generator? (2023 Update)
Hi All, Any of you guys hear about a fuel cell home backup generator that runs on Natural Gas? -T
11
11

Home again ...
You've just returned home from visiting with family for several days in another city several hours drive away . While you were gone , a severe cold front has come thru with sub-zero temps . What's the...
3
3

Scrap metal prices (2023 Update)
In case you are getting rid of some, this will give an idea of the value Current Scrap Metal Prices in the United States. Check metal prices for copper, wire, steel, aluminum, brass, cans, catalytic...
1
1

Will two table radios always be in phase, out of phase/
Technical qustion about wave valleys and troughs and if two radio playing the same station will be in phase wrt all frequencies, or if some will cancel out? And why is it low frequencies are famous...
11
11

DIY dog repellant
I am looking for a diy project to protect myself against "rogue" dogs. I was bitten by a dog while bike riding. The dog bit thru some blue jeans and drew blood. I live in a apartment and aggressive...
8
8

O T Quiz
Quiz: 1) Do you put your coat on with the left arm first, or the right arm? On a scale of 1-10, how hard is it to get the other arm in? 2) Try putting in the other arm first. Now, on a scale of 1-10,...
4
4

waffle iron heating element replacement?
Hi, Trying to help repair an italian waffle maker. Originally 220V but someone converted to 110 (not sure how yet but that's a problem for later). It appears the heating elements are old and damaged...
3
3

Check your tire pressure
With the cold we are all experiencing, remember to check your tire pressure. I went out this morning and they were a couple of pounds low and temperature will drop more today. Of course, I used...
11
11

Dodged a bullet
Colder than normal in Memphis at near zero. We're down for Christmas . Got in the shower here at our son's house and no cold water . He didn't know about that outside faucet on the same water line ......
12
12

for the man who has everything:
Not too late for Xmas, for the man who has everything: can't be delivered in time but after you order you can print this and put it in a box with a ribbon. This is definitely home repair related.
9
9

OT. Cold? This Ain't Nuthin"
Coldest ever recorded temperatures in the continental U.S. <> As an arctic blast is set to bring bitterly cold temperatures to much of the U.S. through Christmas weekend, you might be wondering how...
6
6

What heats a person working in a cold winter garage better?
What heats a person in a garage better? $100 Costco Parabolic heater $100 Costco Ceramic Space heater An old friend of mine is cleaning up his tools and he has the cars out of the garage which is very...
41
41

California Earthquake
It might be colder than usual in Nebraska this week but at least my fake Christmas tree will light up. <> A little over 70,000 Californians lost power. A massive 6.4 earthquake rocked northern...
15
15

LED Rules
The administration is proposing rules to push people toward using LED vs. other methods of lighting. <><> Rule makers just have to interfere with people making their own decisions. Leaving us alone to...
12
12

Best wheels for a computer chair on carpet?
When I've pushed my computer chair back a bit (on shallow carpet), then try to roll it forwards, the wheels have a problem rotating (not the wheels themselves, but the mechanism by which they turn to...
36
36