Re: Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?

Sir,

I am extremely happy with the service, I have their app in my phone and it tells me where the truck is and gives me a 24 hr notice before a treatment.

My yard was a disaster, mostly weeds and lots of bare spots, now its green and weed free, the bare spots are filling in, I now have the best yard on the block and didn't lift a finger. Im very happy with it, its a lot cheaper than putting in a new lawn.

Keith in South Carolina

Reply to
keithadamsrn

I have long wondered what type of turf is best and a friend of mine gave me some advice. He advised me to contact TurfStore, they supply high quality turf in convenient lawn rolls which means it arrives at my address in perfect condition, ready to be rolled out and laid where I want to see lush green grass. It's very convenient and not as expensive as other companies.

Reply to
Edward McBride

Sometimes.

How does a post like this, to only one ng, arrive with the prefix Re:? Where was the previous post?

There is no Homemoaners sig. It was sent here.

And the text does not really go with the subject line.

I think it's an obnoxious, sneaky effort to post advertising on a ng where advertising is not allowed. So I'm not dealing with any company mentioned in this post, now or in the future.

Reply to
micky

It's supposedly a reply to a post from Fretwell in this newsgroup from 2018, which itself was a reply to multiple previous posts in that thread. Why someone resurrected it now is a good question.

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com <YxpzC.941$ snipped-for-privacy@fx05.iad snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Maybe it came from someone you have blocked, or a post so old your server does not have it.

Reply to
Bob F

Advertising is not allowed here? In the alt.* hierarchy? You've got to be kidding. Who's going to enforce it?

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

My apologies to the poster. (I guess you looked at the headers and worked back. I w>Advertising is not allowed here? In the alt.* hierarchy? You've

We have our ways.

Reply to
micky

No, it's the other way around. There is a bunch of new posts that are following Fretwell's from 2019. I wonder why I saw Edward's post in the first place, why it wasn't hidden with the other posts from 2019. It must be an improvement in v4 of Agent over version 1.9, that they show new posts in old threads.

Reply to
micky

This is the 2nd post. It followed the first by around 3 hours. February "Mark Stiegel's profile photo Mark Stiegel Feb 23, 2001, 9:16:51 PM    to I've had 4 different lawn services. Chem-lawn and the company with whom they merged about 5 or 10 years ago SUCK. I still had weeds and dandelions. When I use a local lawn service, the results were great. Personally, I think the Chem-lawns don't put down as much or as good stuff as the independents.

Hint: Drive around and look at yards....when you see one that you like, find out who does their lawn.

Good luck.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Sounds like good advice. I do my own. With any of the services, you don't know how much of anything they actually put down. They could charge you for 200 lbs of lime and only put down half that. When I was president of a condo association, we had 40 acres. The contract with the landscape service just had general BS in it, like applying fertilizer. But not a word about NPK or how much. It was obvious they were not doing much in the way of fertilizer, but with our budget it was good enough, so I wasn't going to upset the apple cart. Even if they said they would apply X pounds per acre, unless someone was there to weigh what they came with there would be no way to know.

The advantage to a good service is they know how to identify weeds, pests, disease, etc and they see what's a problem in the area. So they can have the mix loaded for what should work. On the other hand, I see lots of services running around here in March applying pre-emergent crabgrass control. That's way early and I would suspect it's not going to still be effective enough when it gets warm. But when you have 100 places to do, I guess you have to start early.

Reply to
trader_4