TP Tear Lines

Charmin is making a change.

Dean Hoffman

Well, that solves a problem I've never had except for the non-perforated megaspools in public toilets.

Reply to
rbowman

Hmmm.

I like the ragged tear. It makes me feel like a man.

Reply to
micky

Here ya go manly man :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Its about time. I had to trim each sheet to get that nice scalloped edge every morning. It feels so much better when you wipe with the curly edge.

Reply to
Ed P

How about the toilet paper holder coming loose and the paper go flying across the room?

Looks good.

Actually I use Charmin because I didn't like one or two other brands.

And I've not felt that I had any complaints about it tearing.

But I did notice in the last 6 months that the ultra-soft** was tearing in the middle of a square if didn't do it right. Before 2023, I don't think it ever did that before no matter how sloppily I tore it. Maybe this is the kind of complaint they're referring to, but I took it to be that they were making the soft kind weaker, not that the cut lines were any worse.

I bought a smaller package of ultra-tough 2 or 3 weeks ago and so far I haven't noticed it tearing in mid square, or having any problem with tearing. But I've had to go to the doctor twice for RA disease, Rump Abbrasion.

**Do they sell Somewhat Soft?
Reply to
micky

I gave up on the toilet paper holder a long time ago. Added complexity. Setting the roll on the floor works just fine.

Reply to
rbowman

+1. No over/under fighting.
Reply to
Thomas

I'm sure they're not doing it for the consumer. This will enable them to make their product even cheaper and weaker.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Skid Marks

That isn't creative anymore if it ever was. Search for Trump toilet paper.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman
[snip]

Maybe in a small box so you don't have to retrieve it from the other side of the room.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

While most of the 50 objects were a walk down memory lane I didn't see this one coming. Somehow the home of perforated toilet paper was mentioned along with the home of Uncle Sam.

Reply to
rbowman

Really glad you made this post about TP>

I just posted a question about a toilet but had hesitated to ask because I know everyone here is sensitive and refined :)

whew

Reply to
philo

How would the group fix this design fail?

Cut a hole through the wall to reach the toilet paper.

Reply to
badgolferman

Put the toiler paper on the tank lid. Remove the holder and leave the hole there so people can wonder why the hole.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

On Tue, 03 Oct 2023 09:00:41 GMT, Cindy Hamilton posted for all of us to digest...

+1 Also not good for septic systems-I have been told.
Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 20:25:00 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman posted for all of us to digest...

Remember when one had to pay 25¢ to get the door open in rest rooms?

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz