Subject Author Posted Replies

Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer?
Do all sewers have rats? Do all sewers with rats have rats exploring outside the sewer? Or do some just mind their own business and not come out? Because I live next to a fairly large stream, it's...
10
10

LED Light Bulbs in Rough Service Application?
Got a couple of high lumen output screw-in GE light bulbs that I'm thinking about installing in the power-head bulb sockets of a screw drive garage door opener. Worth a try-- or death sentence for the...
22
22

OT. Subscription Restaurants?
The local news mentioned these this morning. They're on the long list of things I'd never heard of. <> Maybe a city dweller would come out ahead on something like this. I just stop in where ever I...
1
1

washer value replacement and leaks question
Hi All, In a month or so, we are going to have a washer repairman come and change the bearings on our Speedqueen. At that time the wall values for the washer hoses will be easily exposed for a plumber...
7
7

Seems to me it should work but I've never done it - have you?
Seems to me it should work but I've never done it - have you? I empty out my twenty pound carbon dioxide cylinder. Remove the valve. I measure out twenty pounds of dry ice. And put the valve back on....
5
5

Floating on air? Sulphur Hexafloride
This is a gas heavier than air so you can float things on it. Nifty demonstration
6
6

OT. Big Ben Architect
This guy had a tough life. <> Augustus Welby Pugin, the architect behind Big Ben, left an amazing legacy in Gothic Revivalist architecture. Augustus Welby Pugin, the architect behind Big Ben, left an...

No residue tape for window ac
For the summer I slap in my ac window unit in a new replacement vinyl window. I have 3m no residue tape in the cart but want clear tape to seal the small gaps. In the past I have used regular clear...
9
9

Grundfos MQ3-45 A-O-A-BVBP all-in-one booster pump activates alarm
An alarm is activated on the pump, pressure drops in the system, there is no flow, the pump does not start. After turning it off and then turning it on, the pump works. What could be the cause?
3
3

OT discouraging junk phone calls
OT but related to homes. If answering the phone when a junk caller calls just encourages them to call more, how is that different from letting the phone machine or voicemail answer the phone call?...
16
16

Ship to store vs ship to home
I wanted to buy some 9v batteries, and Home Depot has a box of 8 house brand, HDX, for 11.99 and they will ship it to thestore for free, so I can pick it up between Feb 21 and 24, that is, some time...
3
3

Repairing a Busbar
I would love to replace my old zinsco panel but the problem is it's embedded in concret. It's a pedestal with power coming from the street.underground. I can't even replace if I wanted because of...
15
15

Re: How to reduce Garage opener noise ??
Here, some 27 years later, I'd just call Chamberlain and ask them.

Weed wacker without a Li battery?
Hi All, My sister needs a battery operated weed wacker but can't risk a battery fire. All the ones I have come across use lithium ion batteries. Anyone know of one that uses Nickle Metal Hydrate or a...
10
10

What is this weird hoe called?
Hi All, I have a doe the is exactly like a standard garden hoe, except the blade is not out at a 90 degree angle to the handle. It is straight with the handle. I use it for breaking up ice when I am...
9
9