Slightly O.T. Another location for a magnetic key holder

For many years, I have had a backup ignition key in a stealth location on my car.

But that location gets a lot of dirt and water slung onto the magnetic key holder.

Are there any areas with a metallic surface I could use instead?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
AK

Yes. Maybe. Not magnetic. Tape it up under the groove in the wiper arm.

Black gaffers tape.

This would be the door key - the ignition key would be inside the car. John T.

Reply to
hubops

On my car, ignition and door key are the same.

Andy

Reply to
AK

One and rthe same on my car. My elderly F150 has separate keys. While I prefer hatchbacks they're a little short on lockable compartments but then this area is a little short on valet parking too.

Reply to
rbowman