Glued my fingers together with superglue

I glued 2 of my fingers together with Rapid Fuse superglue.

I have tried rubbing alcohol, butter, and warm soapy water.

I ask for help from those who actually had this problem.

Andy

Reply to
AK

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:21:19 -0800 (PST), AK posted for all of us to digest...

Acetone or nail polish remover...

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz

How do I get RapidFuse off my skin?

Use Acetone nail polish remover to get cured RapidFuse off your skin. Make sure it is Acetone nail polish remover. The non-acetone stuff won’t work. Wash your hands first to remove any un-cured adhesive with soap and water. Then wipe with an acetone soaked cotton pad. Do not try to pull or peel RapidFuse off.

hubops

I think you've heard from enough people who know the anser, so I'll answer even though I don't meet your criterion. Alas, despite famous stories like yours, super-glue has gotten on my hands and they never stick to anything. What am I to say when people call me a greaseball?

Reply to
micky

That's not grease all over your hand, Micky.

Reply to
Bob F

Geez - everyone agrees on something

In chem lab we were warned acetone can dissolve fats & oils from skin which can be uncomfortable or worse. Had that happen once. Use with caution.

Reply to
bud--

I can't remember why we were messing around with it in high school chemistry but it one experiment I capped an Erlenmyer flask with the palm of my hand. Iy wasn't really a burn but I had the nicest little yellow circle on my palm as the NO2 combined with the moisture in my skin.

I have a feeling high school chemistry may be neutered these days.

Reply to
rbowman

Meh. That's what nail polish remover used to be made from. Now they use methyl acetate, allegedly because it smells better.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

iirc it had some sort of oil in the mix to offset the acetone rather than straight hardware store acetone.

Reply to
rbowman

Thanks. I've never been a cosmetics girl. The last time I wore nail polish was for Halloween in the early 1990s. It felt like my nails were suffocating.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I can believe it. That's what happened to the girl in "Goldfinger". They painted her fingernails with gold and it killed her.

Reply to
micky

It was not just the nails, but the whole body in the story line. Something to do with the skin not being able to 'breve'.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Heh. Good one.

Reply to