Subject Author Posted Replies

Cargo Tie Downs
micky, Did you look at the pictures? It's a hard-top convertible. You can tie down to the roof and the trunk-lid. Dave M.
3
3

OT the reserves
I seem to recall that about 1957 you could join the national guard without the 6 month obligation for full time which was coming. I considered it but needed to work in the summer. Also recall a friend...
5
5

What did the guy really say?
So how does "mal" fit into that? She also said "Don't I scare you a little bit, that you would talk like this?" Then she got back to the case.
2
2

Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?
Not a bad price - and it's Cooper - so not a "cheap knock-off" product. Strange thing is, at least here in Ontario the labour department will not allow use of a "repaired cord" on a job-site - and a...
25
25

Best and Worst brands of Circuit Breakers
Perhaps you should actually listen to engineers who have investigated the problems and what was done to fix it. It is not likely we will see 15 and 20a circuits run in aluminum any time soon but 8ga...
10
10

Pool pump rewiring and cleaning up a bunch of old electrical work - 220V circuit
All, The pool had a bunch of wiring for the old school pool pump (one speed) as well as another pump for the roof solar panels, lights timers, outlet and s uch. I like to clean things up so I took...
8
8

furnace igniter clearances?
Can anyone provide the clearances between nozzle & igniters on an oil burner?
1
1

I just had 3 out of 4 fuses blow
You're watching the FUSE channel.
3
3

OT: Suck it up buttercup!
It never stops. I just heard this kid reporter, Matt Tiabbi, Rolling Stone, lamenting the media not putting enough pressure to make Trump lose. Jeez. Makes me think we should raise the voting age to...
3
3

Adding grounded outlets
I want to tie into existing circuit for some additional grounded outlets in my basement. The existing circuit serves a half dozen or so single-bulb l ight fixtures. I've switched out one of those from...
3
3

Who plugged in the Toaster?
And started the fuse box on fire........ See photos: Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister N. China Rajappa stressed the need for development of libraries and reading habit among the public. In...

AMERICA IS REALLY QUITE WONDERFUL :-)
Life is really quite good in these modern times. At any time of the day or nite, I can go online and shop at Home Depot. Tell me, wot could be better? (And please don't say "sex.)

(OT) Pants length for men
to keep your post on topic for politics home repair. buy your cheap jeans now! trump wants a big tax on all importsfrom china, i have seen the 84% tax mentioned. your jeans will double in price....
81
81

Gfci tripping
Pre-warning: Kill the power to the GFCI at the source before performing the following check. Assuming there is nothing plugged into the GFCI when it is tripping, check to see if there are downstream...
6
6

Chest freezer -- erratic temperature
Perce, How are the gaskets? Like you, I'd suspect the thermostat Dave M.
2
2