How to tilt patio umbrella

Bought a manual tilt patio umbrella from Pier 1. It has a hinge. No button. Does not tilt with crank. How do you make it tilt! Afraid to push. Will break pole? Hinge on on side of pole and long bar on opposite side flush with frame. Do not know which way to tilt and what is bar for? (2 inches by 1/2 in)

Reply to
R D Newman

This may sound somewhat bizarre, but have you read the book?

Another far out idea would be to call Pier 1, admit you're and idiot and then ask them.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

BINGO! I guess the dumbass didn't even look at the mechanism before he bought it.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

ItsJoanNotJoann posted for all of us...

He's off tilt?

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to R D Newman, Brent wrote: RD. It has been awhile, but if you continue to turn the crank while raising the umbrella, it will eventually tilt for you. Sorry Gordon and Joan are assholes.

Reply to
Brent

Sorry you are such retarded twit replying to a dead, 3 month old thread and from homemoaners as well.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

replying to Brent, Pegs wrote: Thank you Brent. I agree about Gordon am ff Joan. Don't bother posting if you can't help. I have the same umbrella and there is no book and I was trying to figure the same thing out.

Reply to
Pegs

Awwwwwwwww, did your widdle feelins' get hurt? Sniff-sniff

You got screwed on your umbrella purchase.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

replying to ItsJoanNotJoann, Bobkat wrote: Thank you! That helped me with my umbrella purchase from another store. Also no manual. Sorry that Joan is an ass

Reply to
Bobkat

You are the twit. You must get enjoyment from putting others down. That post will help others in the future even if it is too late to help the OP.

Reply to
Ed60062

replying to Brent, Sandra wrote: Brent, thank you. You simple and succinct answer to an honest question is very much appreciated. Your advice saved my friend and I from suffering umbrella angst! You are our hero, and as for those other jerks... I?m jealous of the people who haven?t met them yet!

Reply to
Sandra

replying to Brent, Happy umbrella user now! wrote: You have no idea how this helped me!! I was in the same predicament and not having The original paperwork or manufacture I had no idea and did not want to break the umbrella. I just tried this. Thank you for not being in a hole!!!

Reply to
Happy umbrella user now!