Amanna Refrigerator Water Leak

I have an old Amana frost free refrigerator in my garage I use for cold storage. the ice maker is not hooked up and water is now dripping out of the left side of the door. What should I check for first?

Reply to
redzap78

Check for a clogged (or frozen closed) drain at the bottom in the freezer compartment.

Reply to
RonNNN

I will do that first.

Reply to
redzap78

He said the ice maker wasn't hookrd up , which I took to mean that the water supply was not hooked up . That leaves the condensate drain/evap coil/defrost system as the only possible source . Drain line might be iced , might have that algae that forms a gel .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Just wondering if you fixed the problem, and if so was that what was the cause.

Reply to
RonNNN

Yes after talking to an old tech rep. He told me that having the refrigerator in the garage during this long cold winter and the low temp. in my garage the water did not have enough time to evaporate.

Reply to
redzap78