Water Dispenser Not Working

Make : Amana Model: SXD22S2W Manuf: P1303503WW

The door water dispenser in my Amana side-by-side fridge suddenly stopped working. The ice maker however, works fine.

Both solenoid valves appear to be working fine. I disconnected the tubing from the valve to the water reservoir, and when the water dispenser is activated at the fridge door the valve opens and there is strong water flow.

After reading through most of the threads in this group, I've narrowed the problem down to either the water line being clogged or frozen.

During Thanksgiving Day, the freezer temperature was set lower than normal. One of our (not so bright) guests set it to maximum cooling in order to get the ice maker to make ice faster. Next morning, no water.

I've come to the conclusion that the water in the reservoir or feed line is now frozen.

Since we ended up with a lot of leftover frozen turkey that my wife does not wish to throw away, (even though I've tried very hard to convince her) I would like to clear the line without having to go through a 24 hour defrost cycle (my garage refrigerator freezer is also full of [you guessed it] leftover turkey).

I've tried following the line from the valve to the reservoir, but it's very difficult to reach without taking out some additional parts like the fan motor, etc. This is something that I'm not comfortable tackling without a diagram or repair manual. How is the reservoir removed? From the back or the front of the refrigerator?

Any suggestions, tips, etc. are greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

John.

Reply to
johnp

I have a simlar problem. did you figure out how to fix it?

-M

johnp wrote:

Reply to
mamodi2