Amana side by side refrigerator question (leak)

Hi,

I own a older Amana side by side refrigerator which has the "air tunnel" which brings air into the beer cooler on the fridge side in the door. This summer I have found there to be dripping water coming through this hole.

Both freezer and fridge compartments are ok temperature. I checked the operation of the damper door in the other part of the fridge and this works well. I have poured hot water through the drain tube into the pan below the fridge and this is patent. I have observed the coils get a light frost on them and then seems to defrost at some point during the day.

I have tried to close the air tunnel "door" but drips still come through. I would estimate the amount of water at around 2 tablespoons a day.

I figure the thermostat is working well as well as the defrost system. Is there some problem with the condenser that is causing extra humidity in the system or does anyone have any other suggestions as to the cause? There is no extra moisture from what I can tell elsewhere in the fridge

My model number is SBDE20S4SW

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

SF

Reply to
SMF

If it's condensation, then it sounds like more humid air than usual is somehow getting into the refrigerator. I would carefully inspect the door seals and how the doors close.

Reply to
trader4

SMF wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

coming

tablespoons

system.

elsewhere

Turn it off & let it defrost the old way. Turn it back on & than see what happens.

Reply to
JJ

Forgot to mention, the door seals look fine. I also went and defrosted the inside freezer the old way. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Reply to
SMF

Sorry, forgot to mention. I did this and I thought it was ok but within 24 hours the problem returned same as before. Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
SMF

Water comes from either humidity condensation, from the ice and water maker line, or defrost drain off.

Is the fridge level, from side to side? Maybe the water is running off the end of the drain pan?

Kinda have to be there to see.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It wasn't level from front to back but I leveled it and it made no difference. Is there something that breaks or wears out that reduces the condensation? Note, both freezer and fridge compartments are at the proper temperature.

Thanks

Reply to
SMF