dried polyeurthane remival from ceramic tile

I put polyeurthane on table legs that had been replaced. _not thinking clearly I just put paper towel _under legs to catch any runs. what was I thinking. of course when dried & time for removing pt it didn't all come up.Now under the legs is "some" dried urethane & "some" pt bits. suggestions please

Reply to
cobweb

The person I bought my last house from had put polyurethane on the wooden walls. Unfortunately he had never heard of that fabulous new invention called "masking tape." I found that removing the thoroughly dried stuff on the floors, sinks, tubs, toilets, etc., was relatively easy using just a sharp single-edge razor blade and working slowly to separate and lift it from the surfaces.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

It's ceramic tile. I'd try whatever organic solvent you have available, eg paint thinner, acetone, etc. If that doesn't work, then paint remover.

Reply to
trader_4