Subject Author Posted Replies

How to dispose of your tools, and books, when no one you know well wants them.
My stuff is nothing special, but I sold some of my mother's solid mahagony furniture, the bedroom suite, for %50. The woman was upstairs at a party on a Saturday n ight when the host told her I was...
13
13

What do I call this pole lamp switch?
I'm guessing you need a 3-way in-cord switch : John T. https://www.amazon.ca/Leviton-C20-01420-000-3-way-Switch-200-watt/dp/B003B4HX7A?tag=googcana-20 3 Way Lamp Logic - juddley The only difference...
14
14

Downloading the NEC electrical code book
You can download it here - - Click the scrollbar down once for the different download file types on the right side. https://archive.org/details/NationalElectricalCode
4
4

TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable 5-2 Day Digital Thermostat
On my TOTALINE P474-1035 thermostat, I've set the desired temperature at 82 ° but the furnace stops when the room temperature reaches 76°. A "Heat/Cool Indicator" light is located between the...
36
36

I need a free groups news reader
For a Android
3
3

SOUTHERN CAL ON FIRE AGAIN
Looks like them rich snobs of Ventura County are getting their spoiled asses handed to 'em again (lol). *Apparently Al Gore was right about climate change. (And you thought he was a dummy.) Religion...

THIS CHEESE IS AWFULLY SALTY
Some dairy foods like cottage cheese, buttermilk, and processed cheeses can be high in salt. Cheeses, especially processed cheese like American cheese, can contain up to 400 mg of sodium per ounce....
1
1

OT What costs more than 1000 and less than 20,000.
A guy on tv spent maybe $10,000 on a troublesome ex-girlfriend, and I wanted something tangible to compare that with. I'd like to say that's like buying a ----- for no good reason. But I can't think...
9
9

Sound bar for better voice quality
One word: Bose QuietComfort headphones
19
19

200A service panel replacement
I was quoted $3500 for 200A Square D service panel replacement which I think is on the high side. ELECTRICAL QUOTE 200A Service Upgrade Service Head Service entrance cable Meter base Square D type QO...
20
20

OT? Stories that make apple look bad
I think you mean "elude". Dave
21
21

OT: That no good Sears leaf blower - continued
Well, it sure ran great for awhile. Went through two tanks of gas, it was running better than ever. That was with the new Chinese carb and after de-gunking the piston ring. Then with it running fine I...
3
3

Drylock paint too?
HI, My home?s water well is accessible from within my basement in a con crete room surrounded by earth on 5 sides (the 6th side being accessible fr om within my basement via a door). This room is...
1
1

Source for lithium-ion cells
That URL gives "Not Authorized to View This Page [CFN #0004]" __ Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world. (Anonymous)
16
16

Where to get car rear-deck speakers (haven't bought speakers in decades)
You can swap the speaker for the one from the other side. But "scratchy" sounds are apt to be rubbing voice coils which you can feel by pressing on the cone with your thumbs. There are several...
90
90