About police and discussion

I advise all who would like to second guess police and to really see what a cop does is to tune in to a show on the A&E network on Friday and Saturday nights between 9 pm & midnight eastern time. It is called Live PD. They also have reruns of previous shows called Live PD Rewind. You will experience all the baloney officers have to endure; two beers, it's not mine, these pants aren't mine, no drivers license, marital conflicts, etc.

The one episode that prompted this post was about 6 weeks ago and IIRC in NYE County, NV when the officer was dispatched IIRC to an unruly person with a gun. The officer involved showed great tactics and eventually resolved that it was a cell phone the actor was showing. Only great tactics by the officer prevented the actor from being shot.

Reply to
Tekkie®

We watch it every Friday and Saturday. It is set to record and I start watching about 9:40. FF through the commercials and we end up at midnight as the show ends.

It is amazing how many people talk themselves into trouble. Simple traffic stops escalate when all they have to do is shut up and be polite. Also pays to be sure your lights work (especially for the license plate) and use your turn signal.

I'm amazed at how many people drive with no license or a suspended one and how many people have warrants.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Drivin Dirty"

Reply to
ChairMan

I would think all these cop TV shows are edited so that you only see the more interesting stops. They wouldn't have an audience if they showed mostly routine, common stops where people cooperate and just get a warning or speeding ticket. But I agree that it is interesting how some people can turn what would be a simple situation into a mini disaster.

Reply to
trader_4

"I don't know anything about any cocaine," Posey reportedly told police. "It's a windy day. It must have flown through the window and into my purse."

Imagine the arresting officer trying to keep a straight face...

Reply to
rbowman

Too complicated for the self entitled brats.

Reply to
Meanie

The old adage has been lost on our youth. "Felons should not commit misdemeanors" I understand the cops make more felony arrests from traffic stops than they do from real "detective work" but that does not mean they can treat everyone they talk to on the side of the road like they are a felon.

Reply to
gfretwell