Police comms

".........in distress as do the police on a weekly basis as I hear them on my scanner."

I would be interested in how it is done : listening in to police communications.

(I thought it was illegal - but now understand that it isn't - and people like Simon do it quite legally)

Reply to
Judith

Judith, why don't you find something more constructive to do with your life, instead of stalking and bullying people? Simon may be a bit of a fantasist, but that doesn't explain or excuse your behaviour towards him.

Reply to
GB

Judith, do you know what happened to Burt when he checked up on Paul, Judith?

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Cole

Not in the UK you don't

Reply to
Graham T

Judith, do you know what happened to Burt when he checked up on Paul, Judith?

STC / M0TEY /

===

Please do tell?

Reply to
Ophelia

I was wrong - the person who answered the question made a typo !!

It is apparently illegal to listen in - despite what others have claimed.

Reply to
Judith

Unencrypted Tetra can be decoded:

I don't know how secure the system used by the police is, but if other government systems are anything to go by, then it's probably a Swiss cheese f*ck up implementation of the technology.

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Troll

Simon is a knob. He has posted certain things about me in the past which he should not have done.

I will continue to take the piss out of him on a regular basis.

I do not stalk him.

Reply to
Judith

Some countries may be a bit more easy-going than our Calvinism will allow us. That applies to contributors to Usenet as well as TPTB.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Reply to
JoeJoe

Don't get me wrong. A bit of banter on usenet is absolutely fine. But it shouldn't spill over into real life.

Good.

Reply to
GB

Did you or did you not write a letter to his employer regarding his use of usenet?

Did you or did you not attend a shareholders' meeting to ask questions about his use of usenet?

Reply to
Custos Custodum

Judith, do you know what happened to Burt when he checked up on Paul Cummins, Judith? And have you got any idea why Rich said he had progressed to a full amateur radio licence when he actually on had an intermediate amateur radio licence, Judith?

Thanks, Judith.

Reply to
jimbo tomlinkinson and stepanu

On the contrary, Simon thrusts real life into his post and does it in a deliberately provocative manner. It seems entirely predictable that someone might choose to make real life rejoinders.

I don't know any specific details but it seems that Judith has taken certain matters into real life which is exactly what Simon was angling for.

If Simon posts his stream of nonsense then I feel Judith is providing a service by offering consequences a child would understand. It helps keep the provocations down.

Reply to
pamela

I'm not convinced that Simon has a real life. Or that he does much in the way of thrusting.

Reply to
jimbo tomlinkinson and stepanu

It is illegal to deliberately listen (or attempt to listen) to any transmission not intended for general/public reception.

Plus, since police comms have 'gone digital' (probably) everywhere in the UK, it is technically far from easy if not impossible in the UK. The days of listening to the police on (relatively) cheap scanners have long gone.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Also, Judith, do you know how many car aerials Burt has had snapped so far this school holiday, Judith?

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Cole

If it's encrypted, then you're hacking. If it's (and it did used to be) open, then you're not breaking any law.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Sure, but, James, what happened to Burt when he checked up on Paul, James?

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Cole

I remember the days when all you needed was an FM radio.

Reply to
FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI