Police comms

*plonk*
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In the UK you cannot listen in as the transmissions use the mobile network and are encrypted. In some parts of the world the police have divided comms, there are the normal fm ones and the encrypted ones. Since most of the crooks probably have scanners you do not really want anyone listening if you are about to raid an address, now do you? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You jammy bastard, Cole!

Plonked by the chief k*****ad. In record time, too - he must like you.

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Troll

Actually a rather poor one as many of their transmissions were AM. A very good receiver would reject them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed - a guitar amp would do as well. We used to play a gig near the polizeiplatz and frequently, you would get 100 watts of police voice booming out in the hall!

Les.

Reply to
lordgnome

Er, yes you would be. Another classic sig on your part BTW. Keep 'em coming! :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

ROFL!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

What law am I breaking by listening to something that has been broadcast into MY property?

:-)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

The key point is that police comms do not fall within the legal definition of "broadcast" which is a signal intended for general reception. None of the signals originated between agencies of the emergency services (fire, police, ambulance, coastguard etc.) are intended for general reception.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Then they shouldn't put them in my house. It's akin to sending post to every door, then expecting you not to open the ones that don't have your name on it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Yes, of course it is. Have you had your daily dose of chocolate and alcohol today Mr Hucker?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes, it is.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well there is absolutely nothing in law to prevent you from erecting a Faraday Cage around your house to prevent this intrusion you appear to feel so strongly about.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I don't want to prevent it, I want to see what it is.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Well you can't. Not legally, anyway.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Looking at something doesn't draw attention to yourself. Only transmitting does.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Indeed. But it's still against the law. Keep it up, though, I'm enjoying your wonderful sigs.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

It's only illegal if you're caught :-)

:-)

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I wouldn't worry too much about that : you need to concentrate on the voices in your head.

Reply to
Judith

And you need to mind your own business.

Reply to