Backyard housing

Backyard housing in L.A. The plan to house some of the homeless is to put them in the back. I can't picture this as working well. Backyard barbecue? Swimming pool?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I don't know, it might work. Give 'em a tent and a map of the movie stars homes!

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

On Sun 15 Apr 2018 06:18:43p, Newgene McMensa told us...

As a homeowner, whether in a middle-class or high-end luxury neighborhood, I sure as hell wouldn't permit the city, county, or state to appropriate evewn the tiniest fraction of my property to install a dwelling to house homeless, low-income, or any other person or family.

AFAIC, *private* property means exactly that, *private*. That in no way includes anyone other than myself and family to set up housekeeping in my back yard.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Well, that's not very neighborly. Oh, please leave the back door unlocked so they can use the bathroom. Would be nice if you allocated a shelf in the fridge too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Sun 15 Apr 2018 08:41:42p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I'm sure many would be happy to help themselves. Mores the reason for good locks and a good security system.

It seems like a lifetime ago that we didn't lock our doors nor have a security system. Our good neighbors understood that they could come in if we weren't home or borrow something without a question. It was a common practice between many of us. Sadly that day has come and gone.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

The one stocked with beer.

Reply to