start capacitor for water pump

I have a water pump. When it is powered on, it doesn't run, just making a humming noise. It uses a 30 uF capacitor. I can't find that but can find 35 uF capacitor. Can I use a 35 uF capacitor instead?

Reply to
Oumati Asami

  As long as the voltage rating is the same or higher , yes .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Are you sure the capacitor is bad? Check to see if there is a reset switch on the control box, maybe a button protruding through the bottom of the box.

See diagram & info here...

This youtube might be helpful too...

dadiOH

I would think it wouldn't be too hard to find the right one, but I agree, 35 should be close enough as long as it is same or higher voltage.

Reply to
trader_4

Amazon has them but since the range is +/- 5 MFD and 30 is the top of one and the bottom of the other (25-30 or 30-35) you should be fine.

Reply to
gfretwell

Agreed....

Reply to
Bud

Yes. I'm sure it is bad. I have pushed the reset button several times to no avail. I eventually found one with the same spec as the old one. Now, the pump runs without a problem.

Reply to
Oumati Asami