Subject Author Posted Replies

Tough wood
Article in Science Daily talks about treating wood to make it as tough as steel.

Question about Drudge Picture
Drudge has a picture of maybe a dozen kids apparently walking in the school parking lot where this latest shooting took place. There's a county deputy watching them. Each of the kids has both hands on...
2
2

how to remove red paint of concrete step . Its all flaking and walking into house.
**Doorstep

US 220V 20A TO CHINA 220V 10A MAHJONG MACHINE
trader_4 news: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 00:27:27 GMT I'm going to assume this was your attempt to be a smart ass? it's obvious that I was writing about the fact China provides 220volts via a single hot wire...
109
109

Peer's certificate ?
Reliability. For $4 over a couple of years it is worth it to me to have it work when I want it. Why bother with flaky at all?
5
5

Septic system and root problem solution
Find the spot where the pipe from house connects to septic tank. Dig a hole above that spot and fill with rock salt 4-10 lbs. The point where the PVC pipe connects to tank is where mini roots can...

Record snowfall amounts pile up around the globe
February 24, 2017 4:31 pm A Bunch of Cities Are Sweating Through the Hottest February Day on Record By Adam K. Raymond Share Share Tweet Winter in New York City. Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images...
4
4

Crazy Glue Solvent ?
Not real safe, but acetone is usually used. Best in a ventilated area. No flames or sparks. -dan z-
7
7

Vinyl windows in brick veneer
So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?
5
5

tile over concrete patio that meets back of stucco house
I have a stucco over frame house built in the 70's. A simple concrete slab abuts the back. There is a 'space' between the bottom of the stucco'd wall and the concrete. Would I be able to lay tile on...
1
1

Vibration at 50 to 60 mph coasting in neutral after rear brake shoes
Just replaced the rear brake shoes with the result of vibration at 50 to 60 mph which was unrelated to braking or the transmission where I'd like to learn from your experience what happened. Balance:...
18
18

How to find a great contractor for your home renovation
Are you looking to find a good contractor for your home renovation idea? If so, pay attention. Far too often, people make the mistake of hiring a bad contractor to save a few bucks, only to discover...

Speaker for phone
Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with this accessary? TIA
4
4

OT. Super Bowl Commercial, old people
A commercial for etrade was at least funny. Plus it was a good, entertaining game. E*TRADE wants to empower people of all ages to take control of their financial destiny so they can have the...
3
3

Black decker cordless drill charger
My cord broke. Just need to know which is hot and neutral on circuit board
3
3