Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe

Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe open original image
Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe open original image

Hi, There?s a leak in our basement that I?m trying to fix. It only occurs when it rains. It?s right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the house. However, there is also an electrical fixture.

I?ve added pictures of the leak in progress.

Based on these pictures, can someone tell me what kind of leak I?m looking at? What would be the best solution?

Also, what is that electrical fixture? And how unsafe is it that water leaks next to it?

USA

Have you cleared your downspouts lately ? Has your neighbour diverted his - toward your yard ?

Reply to
hubops

t only occurs when

Yes, and is it properly graded so the earth pitches away from the house? He should go out there in a good rain and see what is actually happening. Sometimes what you think is working, actually doesn't when it rains enough. From the pic I can't tell how big the crack is, but at HD, etc where they have the masonry products they have a variety of cement patching materials, including ones in a caulk gun tube.

The electric, who knows without being able to know where it comes from and goes to and the size. It's some underground conduit, could be the serv ice entrance or it could be something feeding from the panel to something outsi de. It should be reasonably water tight, but water pouring on it isn't the best thing either as you can see some deterioration.

Reply to
trader_4

You can get it patched by U.S. Waterproofing but it costs about $250 a patch. They do a good job, and use an epoxy injection system. Lifetime guarantee. Or you can chisel it out yourself and patch it with hydraulic cement, bought at Home Depot. I had a similar problem, and grading wasn't the answer. You might have layer of clay in the subsoil which doesn't drain well, and an aging foundation will develop some leaks which must be repaired.

Reply to
Vic Smith