I got some plumber's putty on my hands by accident. My
hard smell of it pretty bad. And it ain't washing off
I need to do some cooking and I don't wan this stuff on
my hands when I handle food. Any secret to removing this
I have used a lot of plumbers putty. It's just a putty based on an oil,
which is like linseed oil. It's pretty darn harmless. If anything it
might add some needed oil to dry skin. I can understand not wanting to
get it into your food, but it's not hard to remove. Any degreaser and
some hot water will take it off. Dawn dish detergent comes to mind. Put
the Dawn on your hands straight, rub well, and rinse with hot water.
Or use those hand cleaners like Goop or Gojo made for mechanics.
Everyone who does auto or home repair should have some of that stuff at
home. It's cheap and it works!
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.