How do I wash off plumber's putty from my hands?

Hi All,
I got some plumber's putty on my hands by accident. My hard smell of it pretty bad. And it ain't washing off with soap.
I need to do some cooking and I don't wan this stuff on my hands when I handle food. Any secret to removing this stuff?
Many thanks, -T
T wrote:

That "Orange flavored goop" they sell in the home improvement stores has worked really well on whatever I've tried to wash off. IIRC, it has a little abrasive in it.
On Mon 16 Jul 2018 12:26:37a, Bill told us...

Yes, Goo Gone and similar orange products shuld work. In the meantime, wear surgical gloves when preparing food. I often wear then anyway when prepariang food that I don't want to handle.

I have used a lot of plumbers putty. It's just a putty based on an oil, which is like linseed oil. It's pretty darn harmless. If anything it might add some needed oil to dry skin. I can understand not wanting to get it into your food, but it's not hard to remove. Any degreaser and some hot water will take it off. Dawn dish detergent comes to mind. Put the Dawn on your hands straight, rub well, and rinse with hot water.
Or use those hand cleaners like Goop or Gojo made for mechanics. Everyone who does auto or home repair should have some of that stuff at home. It's cheap and it works!