Subject Author Posted Replies

Old Stanley Garage Door Opener Parts Available
The reversing relay on my 20+ year-old Stanley garage door opener finally g ave up the ghost and I replaced the entire unit with a nice new Chamberlain door opener. The motor is fine and works both...
1
1

How does a Wi-Fi only tablet route on Google Maps when on the road?
nope. it means an app is using location services to obtain the user's location, which can be done without a hardware gps (and even if there is a hardware gps, it's not always used). they did and still...
123
123

Shower massage hand held part needed.
I have a no-name brand hand held shower massage in which a pinhole leak has developed in the plastic fixture that connects the device to the pipe coming out of the wall. I have included two photos:...
4
4

car stumbles going around corners but no MIL
For about a year now, the car stumbles when going around corners, where I can't figure out what the stumbling is due to. It didn't used to be so consistent but it's getting worse over time so now it's...
13
13

A pinch of sodium bicarbonte or a dollup of vinegar to prevent hotwater pot calcium deposits
I have calcium hard well water (18 ppm I think it was tested at long ago) where I don't want to go through the expense of a softening system so I pour fresh Costco bulk glacial vinegar into the pot...
1
1

Carpenter ant treatments for walls?
The problem is finding a bait they will actually eat. I haven't seen an ant that would eat Andro or Terro in 3 decades around here. As you use different baits, the ants learn not to eat that stuff....
8
8

A new use for 3D printers
I'm impressed, what do you think? This bikini top and bottom is entirely 3D printed- I design and make it here: https://youtu.be/KoKCs0LaLZ8 STL files here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2421240 I...
1
1

Improving upon the concept of "intelligent spacers" within folders on the Android home screen
Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:11:19 -0000 (UTC), schrieb Joe Beanfish: That's a good idea I had not thought of previously, which is to create blank non-intelligent spacers on Android inside of folders. I...
2
2

Box Office: Hollywood Suffers Worst March Downturn in Recent Memory
Last one for me was about three months ago. Reserved seating. Recliners. Nothing special except for those features. It was more comfortable but not that big a deal. I don't remember the cost.
4
4

What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
+1 the most important thing is to avoid stressing the micro connector in the device. The cable is easy to replace. mark
35
35

Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?
Yes, quite easily with Plex. Plex can enable the best streaming devices available to serve your content anywhere. Our live streaming app will give your media the Hollywood treatment.
59
59

What do you call this place for the car
I was driving around and came across a n'hood with pretty nice looking houses, on a hilly area. . The place in each home allotted for storing their car was shaped like a garage, was big enough for a...
1
1

They live among you...
To make matters worse Ficus trees are on the Lee County invasive exotic plant list and are required to be removed when a developer owns the lot.
1
1

Other phone numbers like 911 ?
: : : A little southern hospitality at its finest! A suspected home intruder in north Arkansas was shot and killed Friday after being confronted by a resident inside, authorities said.
10
10

Any experience with pullout cabinet pantries?
Hello all: Any experience with pullout would pantries? I'm considering either building one. The alternate I'm considering involves individual pullout shelves. For those who you who maybe call it...
11
11