Cox Contour 2 Cable Box

How many of you have this box and remote?

I have the Cotour 2 box and remote paired to my Element TV.

I really like the remote, but one function (button), TV/Video is non- functional.

I've worked with technical support at both Cox and Element to resolve this problem, but neither has been able to offer a solution.

If you have either an Element or other brand TV, I would like to know if the TV/Video button works for you. I have tried at least 8 suggested codes to pair the remote to the TV. Most do not work at all, although several pair with the TV with the exception of the TV/Video button.

The Element remote has a "Source" button, after which the up and down arrow buttons allow you to select the source input. Not so with the Contour 2 remote. I would rather not have to use two remots to control this feature.

Any information you might have in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I think you've figured it out. My TV is the same, you have to select the menu option for source, then move down to the source you want. So there is no single button way to get there, hence that button on the remote won't work. Unless there is another button on the cable remote that will get you into the TV menu, I suspect you're hosed.

Reply to
trader_4