Subject Author Posted Replies

This is NOT the way to climb a ladder
April Fool! Joe
4

Whirlpool washing machine model WTW5310VQ0 or WTW5300VW2.
Do not move the washing machine until you open the top of the box and check the following: The Valve, Water Inlet W/Thermistor & Vacuum Break (valve body, valve manifold, valve assembly) part #:...
4
4

Repair Vinyl?
I've got this ancient wood storm-door with a doggie-door installed. Vinyl flap on the doggie-door has been thru 14 wars and 3 police actions, and cannot be replaced. I've put many, many...
16
16

Porter Cable Quality ???
Is it me or does it seem Porter Cable has gone the way of Dewalt and others that have been bought out by Multi National Conglomerate's ? I use to have an old PC 14.4 cordless hammer/driver 7years...
22
22

Anybody familiar with Val-Oil?
I need to coat the hinges and other metal (steel) parts of my trailer to prevent rust. I took them off last year and wirebrushed them on my bench-grinder until there was no rust left, but now they are...

Refrigerator door suction
I know that the subject is a bit lame as it certainly supports the notion that I don't know much about refrigerators. Nevertheless, I have a 25 cu.ft. Amana with the freezer on top. The fan/door...
20
20

how long will it take to aerate 1 acre?
I am going to rent an aerator and it's $50/4 hrs. . I cannot fit it in my car and I'm thinking of approaching my neighbor and splitting it with him since he has a pickup truck. the combined...
14
14

patching ceiling crack
hello again... as part of the can or worms I've apparently opened in my kitchen, I've busted out the mud and sanding screens in preparation to paint the area that I've freshly exposed by...
6
6

Grouting
About two weeks ago, I got a new sink in my bathroom. The plumber told me not to use it for 24 hours so the grout would dry. I followed instructions but the grout still started coming out. This is...
10
10

Kill-a Watt Meter at Costco
Costco here in NJ has these for $26. And it's the better model, where you input your cost of electricity, and it directly reads out how much electricity cost is to run whatever you're...
10
10

Dryvit Repair - Minor
I have some minor repair on dryvit that I need information about sourcing the proper materials. I will need to color match existing. One damaged area is from a ladder breaking the surface, the other...
1
1

How much horsepower is this? (THINK BIG)
wrote > Sorry, can't really calculate that one. You did'nt say how much space was between each one. You can't be implying that they would be touching each other are you?? Beside what guy can get past...
3
3

fence post in concrete drieway/walkway
I need to set two 4"x4" in aluminum fence post through the concrete in my driveway/walkway. This is for an aluminum ornamental fence between my house and deteched garage across the breezeway. I figure...
12
12

Strange observations during a power outage
The other night our power went out here in Oakland. Was watching teevee when the lights went out all of a sudden. Then they came back on. Then they flickered a bit and went out again. Came on again,...
26
26

68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800 sq ft home
OT but these are the people taking taxpayer bucks in the form of gvmt money and US citizen jobs...including construction and repair service. Maryland is one of only four states - along with Hawaii,...
49
49