Subject Author Posted Replies

No more shovel and wheelbarrow for me
I need to install pavers where the dogs run to minimize mud in home in winter, this might do the trick, thanks
3
3

Fencing -- wood versus composite
on 3/29/2009 8:27 PM (ET) Malcolm Hoar wrote the following: Is it the white vinyl fence they don't want, or any vinyl fence. If the former, see here. swpindustries.com
9
9

Follow-up on moving refrigerator
f. =EF=BF=BDI glad no one was seriously injured. a major issue with older folks is rushing the job, it must be done this moment.... some jobs deserve more prep time. imagine how everyone would feel if...
12
12

I messed up and may have ruined my drill
The essence of pragmatism is...... "If it works, use it." I don't think you'll have trouble. Sand and dirt when dry is pretty much non-conductive electrically so shouldnt cause shorts,...
6
6

Question about buying a multimeter
Hi, On digital meters input impedance is pretty high already. High Z gives more accuracy by not loading circuit under measurement but some times it is not useful for it's high sensitivity. That is...
25
25

Offset Toilet Flange Extender
I need to move a toilet back about a half inch. It is mounted on a cast iron flange and pipe. I could remove the current flange and replace it with an offset flange but this is a very old home and...
11
11

What are the Fire Risks of Burning a CD?
I bought a CD burner and I am planning to burn a CD in a few weeks, after I read all the manuals, figure out all the wiring, and other preparatory stuff. I'm worried about fire risks. Should I...
10
10

Swimming Pool Pump
Our swimming pool pump seems to be getting louder every year. It is cleaned regularly and appears to be working good. It is approximately 3 years old. Any suggestions for keeping the noise down?...
10
10

just a thought...
every good garage deserves a fridge. However, there is no heat in my garage. I know you're not supposed to operate a fridge at low temps, but if I unplugged it for the winter would it fire up OK...
10
10

The Craftsman Electric Mini-Tiller-21A-154A799 ( 316.292600 )
The ball bearing well (housing) for the MAMCO ES-176 motor used in the Craftsman Electric Mini-Tiller-21A-154A799 ( 316.292600 ) is facing the armature (the open side is facing the armature) and a...

My Drill Can Whip Your Drill
I love my Craftsman Drill that came with two battery packs. It's 7 years old so I had to upgrade the battery packs as it wouldn't hold a charge for a day. I replaced the 1300 mah cells with...
6
6

Do you have skunk insurance?
"Driven out of her home by a skunk's powerful odor, Vicki Royal plans to move back into the Highland Park residence this weekend, two years after the family evacuated amid a legal battle with...

Surviving the Depression TIPS WANTED
Now that we're in the second great depression, we all need to find ways to cope and survive. I've noticed there are quite a few tips for cooking with basic foods during a depression, online,...
17
17

Hot Ground
I have an issue with my grounding system in my home. I had the cable company out last week to troubleshoot a Box that wouldn't work. The Cable Guy told me I had a ground issue, the cable wire...
31
31

Light source behind marble tiles
I bought marble tiles for my bathroom. The tiles are semitransparent and look very nice when I shine a light is from behind the tiles. I'd like to put an even light source behind the tiles. There...
7
7