Septic tank cleanout holes

Septic guy wants me to dig the holes says one in the front corner and one in the back corner. I have no clue from the town's as-built septic plan what holes they are. There seems to be six points on the chart. The first two are close together and look like a square with two holes. Four more spread out to the back lawn with the a line coming from holes one and two to another one with a square. I don't understand the drawing I'd rather not end up digging six holes! Thanks.

Reply to
timnels

Thank You!

Note: (quoted)

As a bagpiper, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man who had no family or friends. The funeral was to be held at a cemetery in the remote countryside and this man would be the first to be laid to rest there.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods area, I became lost and being a typical man, did not stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late. I saw the backhoe and the crew who were eating lunch but the hearse was nowhere in sight.

I apologized to the workers for my tardiness and stepped to the side of the open grave where I saw the vault lid already in place.

I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long but this was the proper thing to do. The workers gathered around, still eating their lunch. I played out my heart and soul.

As I played the workers began to weep. I played and I played like I'd never played before, from Going Home and The Lord is My Shepherd to Flowers of the Forest. I closed the lengthy session with Amazing Grace and walked to my car.

As I was opening the door and taking off my coat, I overheard one of the workers saying to another, "Sweet Jeezuz, Mary'n Joseph, I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Reply to
Oren

I think you will need to be more specific. Are you finding the openings on the septic tank itself for the septic man so he can inspect and pump the septic tank? Your drawing should show the septic tank which may be 6 feet or more in diameter. A line comes from the house to the tank, one of the openings on the tank lid will be close to this pipe. Another line leaves the tank to a series of distribution boxes that feed multiple lateral lines, the other opening is close to this pipe, usually straight across the tank from the first one. I suspect you will need to dig down to the top of the tank at your best guess at where the line is entering the tank. It is probably down 1 or 2 feet.

Your drawing is probably showing the tank and the lateral field. The tank will be close to the house, the lateral lines will run quite a distance out in the yard as parallel lines or fan shaped.

Reply to
DanG

Well, the vaults and tanks come from the same yard, and at least in the town where I grew up, they were planted by the same guys with the same yellow backhoes.....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

The first two holes that you spoke of, if they are closest to the house, are the two holes that you want. The lines from the are distribution lines to a dist. box. See if these are the two holes that lead to the clean outs on the top of tank that when removed will reveal the interior to the septic tank. Over this I would install a plastic stand pipe (available at septic supply) with a cover. This will make it easier to locate and clean out every three years (as it is in most municipalities). HTH, Chuck

Reply to
C & E

The guys who cleaned my tank lent me a tool to help find the tank. It is a small rod about 3' long with a t handle on it. You can easily push it into the ground and find the outline of the tanks. Then I measured about one foot in from the sides and end and found the cover. It's really pretty easy. Not worth the $50 per cover they want to dig them up for you.

Good Luck,

Reply to
jimmyDahGeek

Good to know.

As far as the finger system, the drain tiles, they were easy to see in the summertime when there was no rain. The whole lawn was turning light green or yellow, except where the septic drains were it was still green.

"... and it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summertime" That's true, July and August.

Reply to
mm