geo thermal

My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any thought? Thanks.

Reply to
RemiRemi

I have two geothermal units and nothing is visable outside.

Reply to
James Dent

A geothermal system does not need an outdoor unit. The unit could be placed in his mome, in the garage or under the house. I built a room on the side of my house JUST large enough to hold the unit and provide room for servicing it (very small service area was needed).

Reply to
NoSpam

The heat pump is placed inside on geothermal systems. You won't even know it is there.

Reply to
George

The outside equipment are tubes with working fluid (like antifreeze) running through them, buried deeply underground where the temperature is a constant

55 F all year. The fluid pumps summer heat into the ground, and extracts winter heat from the ground into the house. Fluid running through tubes buried deeply will not have surface noise.

Once the job is complete, you will have no effect.

However, be aware they will probably dig a vertical channel rather than horizontal, which means they will be digging a very deep channel into your neighbor's property, many feet deep. The digging will probably be noisy and may take a couple of days. It will also be unsightly until the hole is refilled and cleaned up.

Once done, you won't know it's there.

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis