Subject Author Posted Replies

What kinds of artisan?
I have a few urgent jobs around the house that I don't feel qualified to tackle but I'm not sure what kind of company or artisan I need to contact for help: 1) Two main-floor and one basement window...
5
5

Abrasive sink polishing kit worked wonders
My sink was stained up and had irremovable hard water/corrosion stains. I went to home depot and found a $10 sink polishing kit. It has various grades of sandpaper. Amazingly it took everything off...
7
7

Ice maker water line
I put a new water valve in the refrigerator,Now when i put back the copper supply it has a small leak at the fitting. I cut the fitting off & installed a new compression ferrule & it still leaks no...
16
16

Flooring nailer
I have a coupon to get this pretty cheap: you tell me if this wil work for layign about 500 square feet of 3/4 inch solid flooring? It says it will do 1/2 and 25/32. DOes this mean it wont do 3/4? I...
14
14

copper powder and roses
Hello has anyone heard of using copper powder to control insects around rose bushes?
5
5

Central Vac overload
Some of you might remember my question about building a silencing cabinet for a central vac. Well, it worked, but too well. The problem is now that if something gets stuck in the hose, we can no...
60
60

Diswasher noise level - 53 db versus 50 db - any real difference??
We're looking at two Bosch dishwashers - one claims a noise level of 50 db, and the other a noise level of 53 db - the features and functionality are pretty much the same - there's about a $100 price...
28
28

GROUT !
A neighbor spent a fortune having ceramic tile installed in her kitchen floor. ( it looked so nice in the picture ) She's quickly found out that; Drop a dish or glass, and it's "smasho" ! But more...
9
9

OSB for interior wall covering
I had a garage with T1-11 and OSB sheathig for the interior ceiling and walls. Apparently one of my 8 foot fixtures had a balast go bad. The fire was spectacular, to say the least. The new garage is...
12
12

Carpet Seam
I have carpet which is pretty old and not able to replace at this time. At a place where 2 pieces butt together, I was told it could not be seamed, so I bought a track at Lowe's, but it didn't seem to...
6
6

Another tiling question
I am in the throes of tiling the walls in the bathroom - all of them. I am using tiles that are almost 2' X 1' (metric equivalent). Anyhow it works out that the bottom tile is approx 1/2" from the...
6
6

New lead paint regulations effective April 22, 2010
This applies to all contractors who do work on properties built before 1978. Since many contractors have not yet heard about this, I thought I would post this here as a new topic. The following is...
3
3

2 1/4 inch flooring
Does anyone use this narrow wood floorign anymore or are most going with the 3 inch?
3
3

OT: Math question
Well, not exactly OT. Suppose the average human walks 3 miles per hour. How long would it take to walk 700 feet from the front of one's property to the rear?
41
41

Wood flooring installation advice
Well, I got a good deal on some "Tavern Grade" wood flooring that is 2 1/4 inches wide. It will go in my living room and butt against my 3 inch wide hardwood in the dining room. Any advice on how to...
7
7