diminished water pressure after repair

Had a drip from an angle stop under the kitchen sink, so I bought a new

1/4 turn valve and hose to go with it. See link for pic. All's well except the pressure at the faucet is now reduced enough that the faucet won't quite switch from stream to spray. I timed the faucet on full cold and then again on full hot, filling a pitcher, and they seem the same. Maybe the hot was faster before the repair: I don't know.

I actually bought two stops and two hoses, intending to do the cold also, so I've examined the uninstalled new parts and I don't see anything that looks like a flow restrictor. Ideas?

Smitty Two

Dirt/debris in the line????

Reply to
hrhofmann

Check the aerator?

Disconnect the supply lines at the faucet "tails" and redo the flow tests to see if the valves and lines are the problem or the faucet internals.

Re-try with one of the old style supply lines.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Almost a 100% guarantee that you got some debris in the line that is now clogging the aerator or some other part of the faucet (backflow preventer, maybe).

Reply to
rangerssuck

The single most common problem that causes this is that sediment in the line gets dislodged and restricts the flow at the aerator. To avoid this problem always remove the aerator BEFORE turning the water back on and flush the lines well after a repair before you replace it.

Solution at this point is to remove and clean it or replace it for $2-3 depending on the brand.

Reply to
Colbyt

What kind of spray head does it have? Is it part of the normal faucet that pulls out, or the good ol' spray hose off to the side?

Reply to
Tony