Low water pressure from water softener

My water pressure drops through the water softener. Can this be due to the resin bed. Can it be repaired?

Reply to
Andy Petro

"Andy Petro" inquired:

Yes, it very well could be. Have you been maintaining by regular cleaning? Have you tried cleaning it to see if that helped?

There is also some sort of nozzle in some models that need cleaning, but I don't know if that would affect the presure coming out of the softner during water usage. A clogged resin bed will though.

If it can no longer be cleaned some models are resin replaceable, not sure about cost effectiveness though.

A couple of questions though - How old is the unit, and do you have any type of water filter installed prior to the softner?

Reply to
Jackson

If it's only the dynamic pressure (flow rate) that's affected, Put another pressure tank downstream of the softener.

Reply to
Goedjn

Usefulness of the resin can be 7-15 years. Hard water will affect the time line. "Resin" is a pretty much one standard for softeners. Buy it, based on needs. Not expensive to replace, but messy. I've picked out my NEW softener. They wear out after 7-10 years or there about's.

Do you have multi-headed shower jets (surround shower heads)? The WS reduction of pressure is related for an under-sized softener.

The softener NEEDS to be sized for the household. If this is DIY, did you calculate this?

-- Oren

Oren