Oops...how did they do that?

I'm always crying about some aspect of condo' life, but this is new and creative....I posted a while back about the new owner of the condo above us gutting the previous remodel job and tossing brand new flooring, carpet, ceiling fans, kitchen cabinets, stainless sink, etc. The previous owner had burned up some of our wiring by sticking nails through the conduit when he remodeled, but paid for repairs.

The fellow doing the work now is very nice, extremely polite, working hard. I can tell by the noise what he is doing at any given moment..but today he stumped me. I was in the kitchen, dishing up dinner, when I heard noise like water running on the floor upstairs. I listened and looked around, and saw some kind of gray stuff running down the wall behind our cooktop....that wall had old metal tile, which we covered by glueing up some laminate and installed glass after the laminate. Sealed the glass all around with silicone caulk...or thought I did...SHIT!! I went running upstairs to see what on earth was happening...the guy was using leveling compound on the floor upstairs. How it could run down behind our wall cabinets is beyond me. He came to see what had happened, and was very apologetic. Offered to fix it for us. The glass was my idea, the pattern my husband's choice, and I did most of the work of installing it. Since my husband has filed for divorce (last August, long story), I believe I'll let the crud set. As he is fond of reminding me, "This is MY condo." Yep. My next husband is going to have a very weak pulse and a huge bank account ;o)

Reply to
norminn

Just when I think that I couldn't have a lower opinion of living in an apartment or a condo, you go and post this.

:o

Reply to
mike

Brilliant! Appreciated.