Subject Author Posted Replies

Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level
These questions are for PV installers (if there are any here). I just signed up for HART 1071 Solar Electric Systems, Entry-Level42.0 Hour. Here's, sort of, a course description: text: course is 42...
19
19

Environmental Hazards of Batteries
may produce the following potential problems or hazards: Pollute the lakes and streams as the metals vaporize into the air when burned. Contribute to heavy metals that potentially may leach from solid...
4
4

Building rock fenceposts - concrete vs mortar?
Hi all My newest project idea is to build a "fence" composed of small rock posts with single rails laying between them. It's an ornamental fence, not really designed to do anything except define the...
5
5

Gluing Wood
I have to glue a cracked wooden door on a bathroom cabinet. The wood is very dry. Is it a good idea to slightly dampen the wood with water before applying carpenter's wood glue (not Gorilla Snot.)...
5
5

Toggle switches
For aesthetic purposes I wanted to use toggle switches as those commonly used on electronic equipment for use as light switches in a room. Plan is to make my own cover plates from brushed aluminum....
24
24

Price of Shingle removal, two layers vs three
Unless you multi-posted your question to (which would be bad because multi-posting is bad) I'm going to cross-post this to because the group you posted this to ( gets very little traffic. pWas it your...
38
38

Putting in single light switch into 2 gang gem box
Doing some electrical work in my brother-in-law's condo. Because of a wall that was taken down, I have to make a splice box to rejoin some circuits. One of which was a light switch for the will be in...
17
17

just remodeled bathroom- put in new sink, shower, tub.. but sink takes longer to get hot water, why?
Hi, just had a bathroom remodeled.. Prior to this, the old sink would get real hot fast. few secs.. Now it takes approximately 35 secs to get hot... I checked the shower and tub they got hot real...
13
13

She wants me to bring over a Breast Pump
I just got a text message from a woman I met in the bar last night. She said she is really drunk and now her breasts are leaking. She wants me to come to her apartment as soon as I can, and bring a...
2
2

Multi-Pure Filter Change - Spitting Air Now.
I changed the filter in our Multi-Pure undercounter water filter about six hours ago and am somewhat suprised to see that when I dispense water from it it's still farting air every five seconds or so....
4
4

I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY RIDE-ON LAWMMOWER
x-no-archive: yes It'll still do wheelies, but it won't do smoke-shows. What's wrong with it?
5
5

Eliminating a Window
I have a window in my kitchen that connects to a semi-enclosed porch....the porch used to be a car port. I can see nothing out the window except the side of my garage. I now want to put cabinets on...
7
7

Electrical conductor that can carry a physical load?
Hi, I'm thinking about building a ceiling light out of wood. It will weigh about 10lb. Just wondering - is there any way the conductor could also carry the mass? Thanks! Pavel
18
18

Fix panel circuit breaker?
I get no power to a kitchen stove, and I notice it's 50 amp circuit breaker flops loosely back and forth (in old westinghouse wpa panel). Does this mean the breaker needs replacing, or can it be...
27
27

Garage-door push button
A doorbell push-button operates my garage-door opener to raise and lower the overhead garage door. I've replaced the old push button with a new doorbell-push button. When I press the new push button,...
38
38