OT AA+

I see you have been downgraded into a "bit dodgy" as debtors. It beats me why anyone takes notice of these credit rating agencies anyway. Them getting it wrong (about mortgages) was a major cause of the last cockup. Chinese getting the s**ts over it I see. Heh, Heh.

All part of a cunning plan to write the debt off cheaply if you ask me. (Inflation). Eg, the prices of gas and electricity are going up by 15%-18% over here (UK) Ready for Winter of course. (Virtually no-one has aircon over here.) Food prices are going up by large amounts too, I grow a lot of my own but not everyone can.

But the poor will pay. Which will be most people soon enough.

I have decided to come out of retirement to try and avoid this, not that I'm poor at the moment but you never know.

Reply to
harryagain

Have been for a while now.

Reply to
harryagain

Better than having riots burning down the streets.

=============== LONDON (AP) - New unrest erupted on north London's streets late Sunday, a day after rioting and looting in a deprived area amid community anger over a fatal police shooting.

Police deployed extra officers on London's streets to prevent a repeat of Saturday's violence in north London's Tottenham area, which appeared to be quiet Sunday night.

But disturbances broke out in Enfield, about 5 miles (8 kilometers) north of Tottenham. TV footage showed riot and mounted police patrolling the streets, and there were also images of smashed shop windows, and police with dogs detaining at least one man.

A peaceful protest against the killing of a 29-year-old man in Tottenham degenerated into a Saturday night rampage, with rioters torching a double-decker bus, destroying patrol cars and trashing a shopping mall in the nearby Wood Green district. ================

But I'm in Canada, where we have neither bad debt nor uncontrolled self-destruction as in the above UK story.

Speaking of the UK, when will the 2006 movie "V for Vendetta" become reality? I think it's a facinating look at the future of life and society of the UK.

Reply to
Home Guy

Don't base your opinions on cinema. You will end up like the Yanks.

Reply to
harryagain