Why are stairlifts so slow?

Fuck all compared to the cost of the thing, an you'd sell loads by advertising them as going at a more reasonable speed. Twice as fast for 10% more cost?

Spoilsport.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nope.

That is complete and utter drivel. ALL of the ones I know have a mobile phone except one and his wife has one and a computer too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Motors are designed to *rotate*. Stalling them for any length of time is never a good idea.

Sounds like your example was *abuse*.

Reply to
Xeno

I am living in my 4th purchased item of real estate. A house purchased in my 20s would not suit my current needs. I sell and buy as my needs change through life.

Reply to
Xeno

You become neutral or, in other words, it. You are definitely not female if castrated. I see you do not understand the basics of anatomy.

Besides, castration does not entail removal of the penis.

Reply to
Xeno

I was told to inform the service provider when callers couldn't get through to my mobile. Hmm, how was I to know I was even called until the caller informed me long after the event that he/she couldn't get through.

Reply to
Xeno

Not induction motors. or even shunt or mermanent magnet motors. Series wound DC or universal brush motors do -Max torque at minimum RPM, minimum torque at max RPM - all due to a phenomenon called "counter EMF". MOST chairlifts today use a permanent magnet DC motor which still has reasonable starting torque - but overloading a permanent magnet motor can actually demagnetize the permanent magnet to a fegree. Not as seriopus a problrm with newer rare earth magnets as it was with alnico.

ANY use of ANYTHING by Com Kinzie is abuse

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Oh my god, my neighbour has a landline phone with three handsets which connect by radio. The problem with technology is the fuckwits that design it. These things have FOUR volume controls. He came round asking if I could sort one of them that was way too quiet to hear the other person speaking. I found an amplify button on the side, a volume control on the front which controls ringer volume or speech volume depending if your on a call, those two repeated again in a menu, and another hidden one I found by mistake (after going to the trouble of taking it apart to check for loose solder connections to the speaker) - apparently pressing the green "pick up" button again makes it louder. Why have 4 controls to do the same f****ng thing?!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They shouldn't have to if the stairlift worked correctly. Old folk do not like messing around with technology.

There are exceptions. But I know plenty of old folk who use nothing more complicated than a TV and a landline phone.

Please reword in correct order.

Same problem, not understanding technology.

More fun face to face while wielding a crowbar.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

because it is DIGITAL and they could .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp> wrote

Because in many situations you want go control the ringer volume and the speech volume separately and it makes sense to be able to change the volume with a button while talking and also be able to do it by menu when you are configuring other stuff by menu that doesn't have a separate button for it because there is only room for so many buttons, when setting up the phone initially.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Its always going to be much more convenient to pick up the phone and talk to the person who has knocked on the door or see who it is and decide if its worth talking to them than to use even the fastest stair lift.

And that works just as well when you are in the garden or away shopping and no stairlift will help with either of those.

That's bullshit. ALL of the ones I know except one have a mobile phone now and the one that doesn't's wife has both a mobile phone and a computer as well.

And the exception is the ONE old person I know who DOESN'T have a mobile phone. His wife does tho, and a computer.

Both are still technology, stupid. And so is the stairlift.

That is the correct order.

And she has had a mobile phone for many years, and a decent smartphone too and its not the first one she has had either.

And a satellite TV service too.

That's different, they don't need to do that often enough to remember how to do it and its easier to ask me or you to do it for them.

Hardly any of them are psychopaths like you.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yip.

See the next line and stop being impatient. Why are you so utterly moronic that you ask what I answered in the next line.

Try again, the rest of your drivel "flushed where it belongs".

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There is no winter in Australia.

Ugh!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then they should have a cutout fitted or they aren't fit for purpose. My bench saw for example, if it jams on the workpiece, has a clutch which slips.

No, it got jammed. Likely with a strimmer funnily enough.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

WHAT is YOUR problem WITH capitals? And don't try blaming yahoo groups like you usually do.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

..... make it impossible to use.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Fair enough, but why the other two? I said four. There's "amplify", "ringer volume", "speech volume", and an unlabelled one on the "pick up" button.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not for me. Running up and down stairs is no different to going along a hall.

More than one kitchen. WTF? Didn't that cause more problems, like keeping double the amount of food fresh?

I agree those should never be built. Every house should be detached. If there's no room for more houses, then stop having kids! Condoms aren't that expensive FFS.

That's what I was referring to, but without using the lower class criminal Aussie language.

Bollocks. You can have either for as long as you want.

Why not? Heavy sleeper? Cast iron bladder?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There is no next line.

Go and f*ck yourself, again.