Why are stairlifts so slow?

Why are stairlifts so slow? A whole minute to get upstairs is not acceptable for an old person desperate for the toilet.

On 5/21/2020 12:56 AM, John wrote:

I want to live in Rod's world. He does EVERYTHING perfect and never has problems. His way is always the best way. Rod for president! Oh damn, he's not a US citizen. WHEW!

He's a geek controlling his life with his phone. It'd be funny if it was dropped, broken, lost, stolen etc.
[snip]

The testing of toilets includes the ability to flush a cell phone.

Oh but Iphones are waterproof alledgedly. Fuck knows how you plug your headphones in.
[snip]

Or the charging cable, unless it's qi only.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

So there's a chance of finding a working iPhone in the sewer.
--
"Impeccable, adjective: something which cannot be destroyed by the beak
of a parrot."

I wouldn't want one, even if someone cleaned it for me. I suppose it might be worth something on Ebay. There are still Apple fanboys about? I was hoping that company would die along with Jobs.