Why are stairlifts so slow?

It's not just toilets. Imagine you're an infirm person upstairs. The doorbell rings. You take quite a few minutes to get there, by which time they've left. Now you've missed your parcel and are expected to go collect it from the post office.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A motor is not like an engine, it has more power when slower, and wouldn't have a problem getting it going.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Electric motors have 100% torque at stall.

I am pleased to see that you at least know the difference between a motor and an engine. There is hope for you yet.

Reply to
Xeno

Because the bedrooms are the least accessed room. Makes sense to put kitchen, lounge, bathroom downstairs to reduce the number of times you go up and down the stairs.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But if you bought the house when you were 20....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

If you get your dick removed, you're now female. I don't believe in this mid-gender new age shit.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

There are plenty old folk who don't even have a mobile phone, let alone a smartphone, or know how to do fancy shit like that. My next door neighbour doesn't even have an internet connection! You really do live in a world of your own.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Just like someone in the Federal Government stated when it came to the medicare insurance. They said the people could look it up on the internet. I bet half of the ones on medicare don't have the internet, or if they do would never find the information.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I was once told to fax details about my broken fax modem to the supplier.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not everyone loves technology like you. When they get old they can't be bothered with all that shit.

And then you have to have it with you.

Not my point. I was stating that they don't want modern technology. They can't even tune their TV FFS.

Not to old fashioned old people.

Then you don't have the fun of telling them to f*ck off.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Only when you're old. I was born in a house with the bathroom only upstairs. Never found it a problem walking or running up the stairs to use it. The only problem was sharing one bathroom between 4! If someone was having a shower, you could be tightening your muscles for a while. Especially annoying when you need to go in the middle of the night, usually woken up by someone having a shower, then having to stay awake until they've finished.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

This is the sort of old guy I'm thinking of:

Commander Kinsey

And the point flies over your head yet again. Most old people do not want technology!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

More likely due to the equation : power x time = energy

Rearranging: Power = energy / time

The energy required is, more or less, constant regardless of how long it takes. Do it slowly, and you need less power. Do it quickly and you need more power.

Small motors are cheaper, lighter etc.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Fuck all compared to the cost of the thing, an you'd sell loads by advertising them as going at a more reasonable speed. Twice as fast for 10% more cost?

Spoilsport.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I am living in my 4th purchased item of real estate. A house purchased in my 20s would not suit my current needs. I sell and buy as my needs change through life.

Reply to
Xeno

You become neutral or, in other words, it. You are definitely not female if castrated. I see you do not understand the basics of anatomy.

Besides, castration does not entail removal of the penis.

Reply to
Xeno

I was told to inform the service provider when callers couldn't get through to my mobile. Hmm, how was I to know I was even called until the caller informed me long after the event that he/she couldn't get through.

Reply to
Xeno

They shouldn't have to if the stairlift worked correctly. Old folk do not like messing around with technology.

There are exceptions. But I know plenty of old folk who use nothing more complicated than a TV and a landline phone.

Please reword in correct order.

Same problem, not understanding technology.

More fun face to face while wielding a crowbar.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not for me. Running up and down stairs is no different to going along a hall.

More than one kitchen. WTF? Didn't that cause more problems, like keeping double the amount of food fresh?

I agree those should never be built. Every house should be detached. If there's no room for more houses, then stop having kids! Condoms aren't that expensive FFS.

That's what I was referring to, but without using the lower class criminal Aussie language.

Bollocks. You can have either for as long as you want.

Why not? Heavy sleeper? Cast iron bladder?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey